Some AI not doing qualifying laps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoboCAT10, May 28, 2017.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Using the FISI2012 cars and Hockenheim, some of the AI will not leave he garage during practice or qualifying.

I run with 26 AI, however 9 of those will stay on the garage and not set a time. What is stranger, I will try it with 10 AI, but still a few AI will not go set a time.

Does anyone know of a solution to this?

2. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Just a bit more detail.

-This issue only occurs at Hockenheim.
    - I run the session by accelerating time.
    - By clicking 'end session', all the driver she will set times, but those who had not yet set a time are about 11 seconds off the pace at the end of it..
    - It is different drivers each time.

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I don't think I have had this exact issue but I have noticed that if you qualifying then go to end the q session there are always a few ai that set unrealistic lap times 4 to 5 seconds quicker than amyone else, it must be a bug and is common to me anyway

4. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Yes that is what happens when I do that. Usually I accelerate time, but many drivers won't even leave the garage.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Have you tried other cars at that track? Could be a pit garage error.

6. Emery

Emery Registered

How long is your qualifying session?

7. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I have just tried other cars, and they don't seem to suffer from the issue. But I don't understand why the FISI2012 are okay on other tracks, but Hockenheim has this issue for them?

The best way I can describe it is, the cars will attempt to leave the pit box, but like get stuck and look like there beuing pulled back into the pits, rubber band like.

8. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I have tried different lengths for the qualifying session, but this doesn't seem to make a difference.

Emery likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There are two usual culprits when a car won't leave the pits. The first is the car itself, or rather, the engine file. With GTR2, we found many cars would be stuck in certain pits because they did not have enough initial torque to overcome the drag of the engine itself.(brake torque) This can be tested by substituting other engine files from cars that CAN exit the pits. If the situation improves, then you might have to edit the first 3 or so lines of torque just so the engine produces some positive hp off of idle. I always start with a negative torque value so the engine will stall. but the 2nd and 3rd lines of torque may need a little higher bump to give the engine the oompf it needs to pull the car out of the garage.
    The second reason is track specific. The starting spot for the car may be set just so that an extra turn of the wheel is needed to cleanly exit. IF an engine is borderline with initial torque, the added resistance of turning the tires away from the line of travel is enough to cause the car to give up and try again.(the rubber banding effect)
    good luck tracking this down.
    fwiw, I often used Mid Ohio as a test track for this problem. There are not any garages there, but the pits are set against a slight uphill angle. So when the cars start, they have to have enough torque to both move the car AND climb the very small incline away from the pit wall.

10. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

It's defiebtly a track issue as the AI are fine in this area on any other circuit.

Are there any other modern versions of Hockenheim other than the one made by Tommy? - the track with the issue.