[solved] G27 is detected but not working after pressing [DRIVE] button

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by BeatMagnum, Jun 14, 2022.

1. BeatMagnum

BeatMagnum Registered

The title says it! This is my third day trying to make this work. I very seldom post anything in the forums because I don't wanna bother anyone. But I need some serious help right now. It used to work. I don't remember doing anything to break it. Wheel works fine in other titles. This is very sudden. In calibrate controls section the wheel is detected properly. Wheels, pedals, buttons, and all. But if I go on track and press [DRIVE] to move the car, nothing happens! I can hear gears engage and change when I run through the H shifter. But aside from that, nothing! No inputs at all! PLS help! :confused::(:(

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

So it's no longer a control issue if the inputs move correctly in the calibration screen.

Now you're onto vehicle state: is the engine running?

If you have the car's steering wheel visible, does it turn as you turn yours?

BeatMagnum likes this.
  3. BeatMagnum

BeatMagnum Registered

Yes, I can hear the engine start. The wheels are on and they are not moving when I turn my wheel. I hear a little lower rev idle when I press the clutch and brake but no response at all with the gas pedal. Going back to the main settings menu and everything is still detected properly. I'm pulling my hair right now going crazy with this problem.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Check the assists/difficulty settings and turn them all off except autoclutch.

Does the car's steering wheel move with yours?

BeatMagnum likes this.
  5. BeatMagnum

BeatMagnum Registered

Hey man! It is working a little now. But the wheel turn is not 1:1 with my wheel. But at least something changed after turning off assists. I'm guessing it's the auto pit lane assist? Which IDK the purpose and don't remember turning them on. I think I can tip toe from here now. Thank you very much! Just gotta remap now to my old configs and that steering lock ratio.

Lazza likes this.