Software Wheel Rotation : not working ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yzangard, Dec 6, 2018.

1. GameOne

GameOne Registered

[QUOTE = "Lazza, Beitrag: 1038727, Mitglied: 23047"] Sagen Sie uns uns uns genau, wie Ihre Einstellungen lauten, wenn Sie Hilfe gehört. [/ QUOTE]

In der Datei Controller.json habe ich aktuell nach dem Update keine Einstellungen eingestellt

"Standard für globale Drehung des Lenkrads": 900,
    "Standard # für maximale Lenkraddrehung": "Standardaussichtsvoll Radreichweite, die verwendet werden soll, wenn sie nicht vom Fahrer gelesen wird, von 40 bis 1440 Grad",
    "Maximale Drehung des Lenkrads vom Fahrer": wahr,
    "Maximale Drehung des Lenkrads vom Fahrer #": "Gibt ein, ob die Lenkraddrehung vom Radfahrer gelesen werden soll, wenn möglich",
    "Lenkradbereich": 360,
    "Lenkradbereich #": "Grad der Lenkraddrehung, auch optisch als auch bezieht",
    "Drehung der Lenkradsoftware": falsch,

Meine Profiler-Einstellungen
    [​IMG]

Ich habe alles im Profiler gehört, aber nicht alles. Im Spiel habe ich nur in den Einstellungen für jedes Auto, sonst funktioniert es nicht gut

So wie die Einstellungen jetzt sind, muss ich den Drehbereich im Spiel je nach Auto hoch oder gehört, sonst lenkt das Auto nicht langsam genug

Aber ich habe die Einstellungen schon mit wahr und falsch gemacht, aber dann ist die Lenkung bis zu 45 ° zu schnell und dann nicht mehr

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

3. GameOne

GameOne Registered

Yes, I have that. If I set it up, my steering is too fast. Direct steering and a 45 ° steering angle is not good for the tires

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Set your wheel to 900 degrees. That's step 1. If you make it 450 the game can't make it any bigger.

5. GameOne

GameOne Registered

I already made no difference

6. GameOne

GameOne Registered

I did exactly what it says in position 2 but that is not good the lekung is just too quick to direct my tires are hot in the curve 160 °

7. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Maybe there's a misunderstanding?
    Those degrees of rotation are for your steering wheel, not the car's tyres...

My G27 just works fine... which Logitech driver version are you using ?

8. GameOne

GameOne Registered

Yes but ingame the steering is so direct that my tires are hot
    My driver version is 5.10.127 06/14/2010

Strangely, when I deinstall and reinstall the driver everything is still the same as I set it before. Profiles are there again although I have deleted everything every time

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Did you also tick "Vehicle Set" in the controls menu, so your wheel rotation is matched to the current car?

When you're in the car, with the car's steering wheel visible, does it match your own wheel movement? Does your wheel's total rotation match what the car should be?

The settings are about matching the wheel rotation to the car. That's all this thread is about. If you have followed those steps and things are working correctly, but you're still having issues, it could be other settings that are wrong or you are just driving completely wrong.

Right now I'm not sure what settings you're using (I know you said you followed those points, but sometimes people don't understand properly) or exactly what your issue is. In terms of this thread, which is just about setting software rotation lock up, that's all I can really try to help with. Either it's working correctly or it isn't.

10. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

I'll look up my version later, when I'm back at home...

Try again using Revo Uninstaller:
    https://www.revouninstaller.com/de/start-freeware-download-portable/

11. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

12. GameOne

GameOne Registered

My all Logitech G27 Settings
    Controller.sjson
    [​IMG]

Logitech G27 Profiler
    [​IMG]

Ingame Settings
    [​IMG]

13. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

o8k8bsty.jpg
    Shouldn't the range be set to 900° ?

14. GameOne

GameOne Registered

This is the steering wheel rotation range in the ingame settings. If I change the steering in the setup, this value also changes if the ingame checkmark is set in the settings, if not, I can adjust it myself

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

These names can be confusing; that one is fine - the game sets that based on the other settings and current vehicle.

@GameOne those settings appear to be correct. There are 2 possibilities: they aren't being applied properly, or you are simply turning the wheel too much when driving (and overheating the tires).

Let's check some things:
    1. In your controller.json change the steering torque minimum to something like 0.10 and then start the game and confirm the minimum torque has changed to 10% - this confirms you're editing the correct file. (Then change it back!)
    2. Change the bump stop harshness to 50, to make sure you can feel it above normal forces.
    3. Untick vehicle set, put rotation (in the game) on 900, then jump in the car and see how far your wheel rotates. If it doesn't rotate 900 degrees total then the Logitech profiler settings might not be applied to rF2 properly, or we need to find some other game settings that are broken.
    4. Check steering assistance is turned off in rF2 as well.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Oops, one more...
    5. If all that looks ok, when you have it set to 410 degrees how far does your wheel turn when in the car?

17. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

Thank´s

18. GameOne

GameOne Registered

1. the value is not accepted ingame nothing happens and the setting in the controller.json is the value alone back to 0

2. The hardness fits, but I have resistance from 50% steering angle

3. The steering wheel rotates back to the set rotation range ingame

4. The help is all out

5. the steering wheel turns up to 410 ° just like mine

19. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Maybe it is related to using a profile?

I have no profiles at all and my general settings look like this:
    [​IMG]

As you can see, I have my rotation range set to 900°, as opposed to your 450° and is there a particular reason, why you set your spring (Feder) and damper (Dämpfung) effects to 0?

What values do you see when using the standard windows control panel (hit Win-R and enter joy.cpl)?

Recently I had an issue with missing FFB details that I resolved by deleting my player profile and let rF2 generate a new one.

20. GameOne

GameOne Registered

yes spring and damping effects come from rfactor with the settings in the profiler everything is only amplified and for my taste it is too strong with the standard settings it looks the same as with my profile