Software Optimisation

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Diogo Quaresma, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

When rF2 is finished somewhere in 2020's I think there will be decent gaming rigs available then.

2. filas

filas Registered

I dont run everything maxed, problem is if medium looks worse than rf1 and performance cant be near of that, than I would rather accept rf1 graphis with rf2 phyz, then if it runs well and with rf2 graphic no, then there is problem..

I write these as Im sad, nothing more, I already paid, and the game stays with me to future when I get better pc, just after first look it dont looklike that I will have to pay for something X years before I will be playing it as its predecessor.. and this is only graphic, not to mention other things.

3. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Did you load the track with high or max textures? AFIAK Peclair used textures of tremendous size for the max setting, and it was therefore recommended to set them to 'high'.

4. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

5. MJP

MJP Registered

That's just how much vram got allocated, it doesn't actually need that amount. FWIW 20 Civics at Nords with everything low or off on my system (GTX470, 1920x1200) allocates 1050MB, it's a bit like with system ram, the more you have the more gets allocated. Obviously there's a point at which if your system is below what's actually required then performance will suffer.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think what you're forgetting is it's the rF2 'physics' (if we include the actual car physics, plus realroad etc) that is helping make it more demanding - not just the graphics. rF1 with 'only' rF2 physics would run a lot slower than rF1.

7. Diogo Quaresma

Diogo Quaresma Registered

I believe that people are not stupid to want the rF2 to have the same performance as rF1 on the same machine. Like you said many times is impossible.
    I believe also that people still not stupid and realize that the development is taking to long and that in a Rig that runs rF1 maxed out with 150+ fps without big fps drop sould run the rF2 with more quality.

People know that they will have to update the rig to run the next gen simulators, but let's face the cold truth, that the development on rF2 is really slow and looks like that the software optimisation is not a priority and it should be because makes the company loose client's and that can't be good for business.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

nevermind confused and bemused!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014