So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. William David Marsh

William David Marsh Registered

Here's a lighthearted COMEDY video I did of Project CARS, inspired by the CinemaSins YouTube Channel:

Hope you enjoy!

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

Re: Hexa: I totally get that eh, it's like dirt rally for me. I wouldn't be too fussed if it didn't live up to rbr in terms of simulation, it does enough to be great fun without feeling totally empty.

I suppose I just feel irked, as ever, when there was so much build up, with so many tech demos done by the Dev to show how they are well advanced compared to everyone else, their revolutionary tyre model that simulates belts iirc, and the numerous comments from the guys who had early access saying how much of a game changer it is.

It's the problem when stating that type of thing straight up, it needs to be backed up. Opinion certainly seems divided on that front. I would have wished they would have pushed it back another year. Not like the graphics would have been beaten by any current sim in that time, plus they could have actually sorted their **** out.
    Not sure what ISI say, but it's usually not much lol. I bet they could though XD

So it's like I almost feel a bit bummed in a way. And all for 90nzd.

I just hate hype, and seeing the pretty much constant disappointment around titles that get it. X-Rebirth is the most recent example, lawdy lawdy, that was an utter shambles XD

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I've done myself a great favor by ignoring all the hype and all the previews of pCARS for about a year or so. I hate hype as well so I just ignore it and lower my expectations completely. I want to form an opinion myself, not have it dictated by others.

I made the mistake of getting hyped for AC and I swallowed all Kunos' marketing BS like a sucker. The disappointment was that much bigger because of that.

4. Pilot37

Pilot37 Registered

1. RFactor 2 is a game and and a very good one due to excellent AI, evolving tracks and fun physics / FFB. I can't see why you label it as a tool, I mean a tool for what?

2. I spent half the weekend getting PCars set up properly on my G25 wheel then discovered Jack Spades Tweek which did it all for me. The result just shows up the unchallenging physics. Nevertheless I thought it could still be very atmospheric and great fun but that quickly wore off because it's all a bit too shallow for me. The eye candy quickly wears off. I tried most types of car hoping to find a gem, but didn't.

I want this to be good because my £39.99 will never be refunded so if you have good information on how the game should be set up then please do provide details.

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Anyone?

6. Jyyka Pihtari

Jyyka Pihtari Registered

I absolutely agree.

I was pleasantly surprised how Lotus 72D behaves and feels in PCars, after FFB was dialed in and with my own setup. Sweet.

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I´m not so sure here.
    Some cars react / handle artificially difficult. I can feel that the car (or the physics behind it) won´t do that
    if the physic where straight away and that there is something added on purpose to make the car "challenging".

8. peterchen

peterchen Registered

How about reading this thread?
    Look post #130 a.e.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

By tool I mean a practice tool, a race craft tool, a tool for practicing driving techniques. For me the physics and dynamics qualify well over merely a game. Some real life drivers, teams and manufacturers seem to agree on that. :)

Check out Inside Sim Racing's recent video on how to tune the ffb. I'm not saying you should use those exact values, but it shows how you can experiment and find a sweet spot.

My experience is that the Logitech wheels lack tons of detail. When I switched to the T500 it was like every sim was a completely new experience. Even rF2 felt 'dead' with the G27 compared to my new wheel.

But keep trying, I'm sure there's a sweet spot for a Logitech wheel too. :)

10. msportdan

msportdan Banned

hex what ffb settings u running on your T500///

im still looking for good ffb settings.. ive tried a few..

100 FFB
    90 Tyre force.
    and running master car gains to suit and adding SOP and body ffb at about 10%

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm still experimenting quite a lot with the settings, still finding more detail here and there, increasing and decreasing various forces. I don't have any final settings I'm running yet, and the per car adjustments makes it all the more complicated.

But once I find something I consider 'final' I'll make sure to post it here. :)

12. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

pCars is fine online but at the moment you must host from you game PC and of-course game experience is up to host PC, network connection etc., dedicated server is going to bee released later this year, pCars network code is fine.

Yes I think pCars could be used in a league environment.

13. Descoat

Descoat Registered

This game never should be sold at this level. Bugs, bugs and more bugs.
    I´m not talking about physics, it needs more than 5 months to finish and make a product ready for the customers.

14. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I disagree here. Our host have a good network-connection and online was always a warpfest.
    On few other servers I tried it was no better. Maybe "perfect" circumstances let the issues vanish,-
    what I doubt. Seems like prediction-algorythm is bad.
    Collision-detection is bad too (most of the times).

15. Pilot37

Pilot37 Registered

Thanks Hexagramme, I didn't go for the T500 as the wheel looked big and the paddles don't rotate with the wheel. I tuned my wheel using the thread about it on this forum.

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I was apprehensive about the paddles not rotating but it isn't a problem at all once you get used to it. The belt drive and the price made the switch a no brainer for me. :)

17. yusupov

yusupov Registered

oh god, the "its your wheel" thing. 'coincidentally' just after you upgrade :rolleyes:

feels fine on my g27, maybe he just doesnt like it...

18. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Could you describe a little more detail what kind of bugs?

19. Pilot37

Pilot37 Registered

G25 has done me well so far and the Jack Spade Tweek seems good as well......I am confident that it's the physics that suck. Nevertheless that T500 sounds very tempting just for RFactor 2.

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The 'it's your wheel thing' actually is a thing, you know. Sims I didn't like before, I like now, because of the new wheel. So there's that. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.