So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I haven't played much pcars yet, but at the moment my guess would be that the core physics are good. Numb ffb and/or absence of pumps on the road might give a impression of simple/bad physics. also some cars are better made than others. Good ones behaves very nicely in my opinion.

2. bwana

bwana Registered

For the very limited time I've spent in Pcars Porsche ,too me it feels somewhat similar to a degree as URD Darche did for the ' first' laps for me( a little lifeless), I then sent the URD Darche to the garage and made it come alive.. Im guessing Pcars pooch may tune up the same in regards to making it feel better anyway than default..( not that Im expecting rf2 like feel )

First corner I took in Pcars I thought WTF worst understeer ever. then I took all the deadzone out of steering centre(must be about 20 degrees either side as default) and made it turn.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  3. yusupov

yusupov Registered

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

+1 for me it`s fine, too. Just changed the Tire Force to 110...and don`t forget to remove the 10% smoothing on the x-axis.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah

I have not seen a single person say it replaces rF2 and pCars lovers freely admit ISI is better physics......... what's the problem ? :)

" Mum !! Can I get both please ! " lol

I only want to online rF2 really.

Offline I am not too bothered how something feels, I still like to lap GPL for a new addon so I guess I would drive anything. :rolleyes: lol

Point being offline I rather have decent Ai , Careers, dynamic weather, better cockpits and sound, I don't want it to be hard work .............imho that is pCars

Some people actually like to master all ( 60) cars in a sim, others like me seldom drive more then a few.

Stands to reason then I can spend same amount of time in more sims with more to choose from and the extra challenge of adjusting style for each physics.

6. guod

guod Registered

It can. :)

pCARS.jpg

7. Eddy

Eddy Registered

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

9. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

after some hours try and error with the advanced gfx settings, cam and ffb settings finally I found good settings for my rig.
    Have to say I can confirm what SMS has announced.
    It is in IMO really the best racing game (and they said game) out there.
    GFX engine is simply fantastic. Triple Screen is possible but not fully supported (for example the menue screens are stretched of all screens)
    Endurance race with LMP1 and Multiclass in the night with rain made me stunning. It's really amazing.
    In any case IMO worh every cent.

10. peterchen

peterchen Registered

OK, short comment after 6 hours of driving. I will leave out most pros, as they are known:
    - Online is a warpfest, including collision-detection from outer hell
    - AI is a bumpfest with weird balance and performance at given strength
    - Some cars react somewhat similar to rF2, for example the clio, but then it is forgiving as hell
    and you can more or less flat out all the time
    - Some cars feel and react just weird.
    - Tyre-physics (and suspension-physics) is nowhere near the fidelity of rF2
    - feeling for road is good though. Good cars feel like a good rF1-mod.
    - online lobby and technique is easy and good!
    - some annoying bugs like times donĀ“t count sometimes etc.
    forgot: Some cars seem to be made more difficult on porpouse, in an artificial way while the car does
    things it would propably not do when "normal".
    ANd there is some weird filtering going on in the controls....
    that is what was mentioned here as "lag" - what it actually seems like, but is a "steering-help-dampening"-kind of filtering.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I find the force feedback tuning system per car very intriguing I must say.
    I've yet to completely figure it out, but I really like the ability so customize the ffb in every direction for each car.

People complaining about the lack of vertical forces should try playing around with the Fz slider in the tuning menu.
    One hell of a difference that can make. :)

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

http://youtu.be/B_E5IIAcQ_0
    Please, how can you call this thing even a sim-arcade?!
    How can he drive like this( going easily over all the kerbs, braking late, flat throttle very turn...) in a heavy rain conditions driving an old race car that doesn't have a high downforce aerodynamic as the modern GT's?!
    And look at the car movements from the external camera, it is very strange and irrealistic, specially, during the turns!

13. yusupov

yusupov Registered

if by going over curbs you mean into the dirt it is a weak point in pCARS, there is barely any natural punishment for going off into grass, maybe even wet grass (im prob the only person whos not really tried rain yet). also while idk anything about wet-tarmac physics i would not be surprised if driving in the rain on less than ideal tires w/ cars that dont have the option for them is nerfed some.

just looking at the video i dont see him going over curbs that should upset the car or would in most other sims at any rate.

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

I think you can thank me and some other peoples power, with which the pressure on the dev team at the beginning of the project was very high, in the context of the ffb and it's flexibility. The basics of that sys where already in after some time the project started. The refinmends i couldn't and wan't follow anymore, due to the fakes and bootlickers, they at some point also called ambassadors. I provoked and get my holiday ticked with 1000 euro refund.

But not that i would have missed something, because what i can read and here from people i believe, it is everything but nothing how we would have expected, when they where talking about a pro sim at the beginning, because i just can see a console game. ;)

I know people call people very fast nowedays, and the unthankfullness is all around. ;)

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Sadly, this also true for DiRT Rally :(

16. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I think we all got caught up in the "new". This is not even a great arcade game.

Spent 2 full days on this game, going through the Endurance career. After 30 minutes, you just don't want to drive anymore. Lapping GTE cars in an LMP2, they fight you and bump you. AI does not follow blue flags. Makes mixed-class racing obsolete.

Put the tire wear on x3 and the AI pitted twice during a 30 min race while my tires stayed green the entire race. Went from 18 to first because everyone pitted but me :/

Formula cars only have one dry compound.

So many bugs, so many things not finished or left out.

I had fun, but I'm done now :)

17. msportdan

msportdan Banned

pretty much felt like that for rf2 at some time or another.

Theres no perfect racing game.. it just doesn't exist sorry. Quicker some people get over that the more they may enjoy these titles.

18. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

But rF2 is in constant development.

SMS has already started pCARS2. pCARS1 is done. This is it. No more development except DLC. Maybe a patch or two.

19. speed1

speed1 Banned

What happened to you man, since pCars is out you completly changed your mind and character or what ? Wasn't you the one searching and looking for nirvana and not a single driving sim was good enough for you ? Or where you just looking for the eyecandy, why this title seems to convience you. Please don't tell me it would be better than anything out there you seem not to like at all before, because i wouldn't believe you anymore, sorry.

Sorry man but exactly this is what i call fake. Now you are on the mission of a moral apostle or what ?

20. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i kinda doubt that, probably will be developed for the next year or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.