So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The physics of pCARS are good, no doubt. In many cases better than the physics of AC.

The faked exaggerated steering forces of AC tricks people into thinking that the physics are top notch. The weird default ffb settings of pCARS tricks people into believing that the physics are inferior.

2. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

So a f1 car driving with NO TYRES is the result of sms putting all their money into the tyre model?

3. msportdan

msportdan Banned

are these sim traits??

no its a glitch. Like your example.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
  4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Silly to judge a sim off of its glitches imo. On very rare occasions a car in rF2 can miss its wheels and wings when alt-tabbing in and out of the sim. Does that mean that the entire physics engine is crap? :D

5. stonec

stonec Registered

Check the times those videos are recorded. At least the first one is with the initial beta version January 2012. It's silly to even post such, the collisions improved so much from those dark times.

6. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

It's a graphics engine bug, also the first video is from January 2012 beta and was a netcode issue.

7. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i had a car the other day bounce llike a pinball off a wall.. that the recent build. so glitches still exist in rf2.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Glitches exist in every video game and sim. That's just how it is. People using those glitches to judge the entirety of a title need to get real imo.

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

What does wall bouncing physics have to do with vehicle dynamics while racing? Is this a pinball simulator?

10. msportdan

msportdan Banned

doenst replicate real life, sims are supposed to.

ive had enough of this conversation anyway..

please lock thread Tim

11. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

This game is very sucessful on youtube, a lot of big channels are posting about it, that's very good for simracing community :)

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

During the development process the three main guys heading that stuff, especially two of them, were trying to sort out the tires to work well. I don't believe extreme liberties were taken, just things happening within the world they were able to create and package within the development time.

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

The game is doing well, that is why the massive amount of butthurt.

14. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Well not much, it is not the biggest issue in the world, these 'dynamite crashes' as I call them, or pinball crashes you get on RF2 when skimming a wall.

However I must say, I did go to iRacing recently having only ever played RF2 before that, I went not because I wanted to but because I felt I had to. iRacing is really superb in many many depts but once the racing us underway it really sucks balls in the areas which concern me, the physics/realism/ffb. I knew in advance IR would fall short of RF2 but I was shocked actually at how massively short it did fall. I planned to race the Lotus '79 a lot, but I will not even buy any content for IR, just use the free content with the basic subscription only from time to time.

I go back to RF2, we are running stock content (Cobra, Spa 66) it sure beat the crap out of anything in IR! And I took that final left kink at the end of spa onto the bit of straight down to la source, I skim the barrier and BOOM! I am blown sky high by a dynamite crash! It happened where the fixing posts are attached behind the barrier. Tigermoth barriers are terrible for it too!

I think its always been this way, and it never bothered me as it was all I ever knew, and it still does not. Having played IR though and brushed a few walls on there too I must say it did leave a nasty taste in my mouth to get wrecked like that. That is no way to go out of a race! I should be scraping the paintwork not wrecking down to 3 wheels. So it would be a nice thing to fix at some point, i do not see it as critical.

And also, the netcode/collision detection is TONNE better in RF2 than IR, or maybe it is just that the pings are always 2x/3x worse in IR but either way it works better in RF2.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
  15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

pphhfttt ............That is not flying , just the pit bug.

This is flying !!! Feb. 2012

hehe ;)

[​IMG]

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

This is a Pit Bug. lool ;) ( Jan. 2012 )

[​IMG]

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

DD, you just convinced me that the entirety of rF2 is fundamentally flawed and useless.
    Goodbye. ;):p;)

18. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Lol, how did you manage go so high?

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I agree. I want exact world physics in every single situation as well. (E.g. how many bloody times do we see people hitting/skimming walls in sims without any damage happening? It happens in every sim.) Having said that, I don't think the quality/accuracy of vehicle-to-wall reaction physics determines how good/bad/accurate/inaccurate a particular sim's vehicle dynamics and kinematics simulations are, therefore "wall bouncing" is quite irrelevant when discussing & comparing the physics/handling/dynamics/behavior of one sim VS the other.

Take damage as an example. RF2 has crappy damage, just look at the deformation and correlation of damage in iRacing let alone some non-simracing games. Does that mean RF2 has inferior "simracing" physics? Obviously not (the vehicle dynamics in RF2 - overall - are some of the best in the industry, the best in my opinion).

20. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Excellent point spinelli, its always going to be on track dynamics that determine a games sim status, and there's no doubt rf2 and SCE are 2 of the best in that regard, as for pcars/shift3, it never felt or drove like a sim, and some people can't distinguish between the simple simon dynamics of pcars and proper pc simulators, either because they stupidly self define a sim so as to enable graphics whoring, or because they have nfi of what detailed physics means.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.