So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Anyway, AC is a much more convincing drive than pcars, plus its loaded with decent mods, unlike pcars.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I actually don't feel that AC is a more convincing drive, far from it actually. I guess it may be because of flawed aero physics or perhaps because of the tires. But I have trouble driving more than a few laps because it feels so stale and disconnected. Certain aspects of AC are so poorly executed that I simply can't be bothered with it anymore.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

More convincing in physics, most would agree.

If I compare AC and pCars first thing I do is take away all the things only one/ or more have ie: careers, mods , weather

Then I rate the rest. ;)

pCars gets my nod for Ui, content and visual immersion.

rF2 online, FFB, physics, tyres, road, terrain and driving immersion

AC: honestly, nothing comes to mind, it is in the middle of all category for me.

If you compare each just as a histoirc sim rF2 eats them all.

No way in the world the others can make my F3 Evie feel the way she does...... not possible. lol

4. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I'm more than happy to call AC a simcade title.

5. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

PCars feels like a dumbed down (physics wise) version of AC. Neither are near rFactor 2 in terms of depth.

6. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Thing some of you need to get off your rf2 high seat.

This comparison looks pretty similar to me, the car even reacts the same in the last tight right hander in both versions. @1:09

I mean look at this video.. Rf2 wheel movement looks almost dead, where the real driver is fighting the wheel. So your saying is rf2 simcade too, or even worse dumbed down well course it is , because its not like real life?!
    lol

heres another with lifeless steering

I like Rf2 don't get me wrong, and it does simulate a racing car very well. But dismissing everything else as simcade, because a dev has gone another way about their perception of realism. Frankly you should be embaressed of yourselves, and you say the console kiddies are the kiddies.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
  7. msportdan

msportdan Banned

8. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

do you know what wheel setting he used?do you know what wheel did he used?do you know who drive on that video?did he use aids?
    ahahahaha...funny stuff
    go on msdan this is nice to read with coffe..you showing your knowledge about cars..

9. msportdan

msportdan Banned

oh really,,

but when a pcars vid comes on,, how comes those exact same issues don't get raised.

yeah go on with my tea showing your common sense?!

its about a video game not real cars

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Calling AC and pCARS simcade is silly IMO.

No doubt they're not on the same level as rF2, people in the know about physics have pointed that out countless of times.
    pCARS does not aspire to be rF2 and this has made me respect SMS way more than I respect Kunos.
    AC does aspire to be rF2. Or it used to, anyway. "The most realistic PC simulator" - Kunos' own words.

But that was a long time ago... maybe Kunos have realised that directly competing with rF2 is a bit pointless. Kunos doesn't have an engine that has been developed and refined for decades.
    Like I've already said, I think the move to the consoles is a very smart move and perhaps shows some honesty on Kunos' part, finally acknowledging that their title isn't the super hardcore sim it originally set out to be?

Take a step back and look at the real competition... Forza. Gran Turismo. pCARS. Titles that Kunos actually has a chance of "beating" in certain areas.
    There's a ton of cash in it for Kunos if they manage to do so. And access to a ton of more casual racers who will love what AC has to offer.

11. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I partly disagree. I have an issue with the FFB and since it's the main way connecting me to the game, it of course impacts everything. That spring feeling and what feels like a layer of "something" between the road and what I get through my wheel diminishes the detail. I'd rather have FFB like rF2, which provides me with more than just the steering (realistic or not, this is a game and we need these factors to assist us) feel. I read reports from modders here and there about aero and there was something about where the pressure is applied that people have to work around, but I also read here about an issue with aero load.

But the mix of the wheel spring, which I can live with if I am enjoying the car, with the static feel of certain interactions of the car with the track - like going over a kerb or hitting bodywork - is the same in a F1, Group C, or GT (with the same audio cue, grr!) bugs me.

13. schigara

schigara Registered

Sorry DD. My bad. Hard to follow a thread sometimes.

14. schigara

schigara Registered

What wheel do you have?

15. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

0min44seconds, look at the right hand corner, the elevation error in the topography is beyond this universe.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Dubia garbage F1 tracks

If anything pCars made it more interesting with more elevation changes. ?

All the people think pCars is not a simulator......?? then why should it have exacting circuits ?? :rolleyes:

17. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

That totally wrong corner elevation suggests some sloppiness in the track modeling work, so you might start to think if they were that neglected in other areas of the game development that you can't even see.

At least in some areas, I assure you they were, as for the bugged pits in Mount Panorama, defective pit stop in Le Mans and other bugs.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I agree mate, Historic Belgium and Rouen looked like GPL rips to me, terrain wise. lol ;)

19. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

To me, the detail people talk about is down to the coding being a closer representation of real world data, this realism limits and defines car behaviour, so some of the silly crap we see on pcars videos are due to EXTREME liberties being taken with data.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
  20. msportdan

msportdan Banned

who says the physics are unreal..

you? What experience have you had. many race drivers have said its pretty authentic, and don't give me that BS that their getting paid, they still have reputation you know, is it was that bad they wouldnt put their name to it.

I have experience in a car similar to pcars and i would say apart from real world forces etc, it isn't that far off in terms of grip and feel.
    SMS put all the manufacturers data into a tyre model like ISI, who says their data is wrong

But I've seen numerous videos of people constantly turned and having grip with little over steer. i think this is a flaw in either off road grip which the AI showcase when they go off course. Or an oversight in rear wheel grip. Inboth cases I'm sure they will fix.

Still its not a simcade arcade or whatever you want to call this. i think peoples mentality is soon as its on console it must be dumbed down. But you forget ISI have to create a physics engine that can work on cpus less powerful then modern day consoles. It would take supercomputers to create an ultra reallife physics engine. Not some average PC.

So who's to say that their physics aren't good...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.