So, where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by burgesjl, Jul 6, 2013.

1. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

As far as I can tell, most of the functionality in the base simulation is now about done - save maybe for some of the weather, which is still embryonic. I'm not aware of any great changes coming to say the physics or tire models? I think we've got the dynamic track/real road.

We've had the latest content all up to 1.4x level and separated out in multicomps and not Mods. I'm not aware of any other impending releases of additional tracks (just got Silverstone) and I'm also not aware of any major new vehicles on the horizon either? I know they signed IndyCar stuff but we're probably a long way from that.

Frankly, I'm not seeing much progress from modders on either cars or tracks, but particularly on cars. The issue seems to be tires. Is ISI making any new tools available to help this?

Anything new coming for the online capability?

So is what we are in store for, just tweaks and polishing at this point? Or is there something I don't know about?

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yep...ISI dont talk about their future plans or road map, 'nuff said ;)

3. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Tim said proper surround sound is going to be done soon (but definition of 'soon' may vary). I'm looking forward to the Camaro.

Maybe realistic clutch and gearbox simulation will be coming?

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Definently many cars and tracks still coming from ISI. I assume we will se many content releases this year. Indy, Camaro, karts and Cobra... not sure about which tracks.

oh, and of course BTCC which is pretty close to be released I think...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
  5. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

I haven't updated this in a while but there are in fact quite a few WIP cars apart from indycar... http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/9699-Upcoming-ISI-Content-List

As for the "functionality in the base simulation", I'm still waiting for a more properly implemented clutch :) There are still a few things that are missing or need tweaking with in the core engine, and I think we're all looking forward to seeing these being completed.

I agree on the point about modders. I've heard a lot of people say that either they are focusing only on the upcoming release of Assetto Corsa, or that they are waiting for RF2 to become more stable. I'm hoping that more of the modders are in the latter group. :) I've also heard that RF2 mods are a lot harder to make than RF mods because they are so much more in-depth... My personal gripe is that as far as I know 3DS Max is the only supported 3D tool and I imagine I'm not the only one who finds that to be an issue.

Online has received a lot of work lately... There are some known bugs so at the very least I imagine ISI will be working on those in upcoming releases.

Dunno what's coming, ISI are pretty tight-lipped about that one :)