So hows AC for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

With a baseball bat?

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

Very interesting views here but caution do not turn people dumb. It could create an information-poor, apart from could also the persons designated/called something say the same in return and call people as .....whatever.... who have no courage or do not know something and beeing almost with only one illustration of a car or its sound lost in the feelings/emotions and are no longer able to keep under control with a objective view of thing's.

I don't see any difference between people's behaviour when generalize thing's and disguise the direct approach and write posts actually appeal to everyone. Actally everybody is offended who has even just a issue with the software. Possible even those getting dump and putative moral preacher become all alone while trying themselves to put in a better light while pointing the finger at other while licking boots. Who are the most worst ?

That is what the government and the world needs, dump people and yes sayer.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
  3. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Nice to know that I'm not the only one who thinks that way.

4. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Yeah, the do seem "random" :)
    Like he's trying to tell 1000 things at once but cuts straight to another "lol" or "wink" before he completes any thought.

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

This kind of post doesn't help at all, thuGG. Why not just add certain users to your "ignore list"? I've done that (thanks to this AC thread and another for feedback on mods it was easy to pick out the people) and it certainly helps. Last page alone I had like 4 posts in a row that were not displayed.

6. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I believe this is the second time I've commented on DurgeDriven's way of expressing himself. Perhaps he will take that into account, perhaps not. It's entirely up to him, but I believe it's important to point out things that make communication difficult.

For me it only means that I do care we get along :) If there's good will, it will actually help.
    And if such feedback is ignored, then you simply stop providing it.
    Nothing bad will happen either way. I don't expect people to change some of their habits. I'm merely pointing out the inconvenience they create.

As far as "ignore" function goes - I guess you usually use it on people who annoy you beyond your capacity to ignore such posts by yourself. Never happened to me, so I never used it.

Anyway, I've only commented on DD's posts and I think that's enough. I don't think we should go further and discuss it :) Wrong thread :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
  7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thx KS +1 :)

8. Skynet

Skynet Registered

For me it's hard to compare RF2 and AC right now because i don't know the maximum potential of either in the physics and force feedback department. Until there is absolutely top notch content available to test in either sim i would not like to jump to any conclusions. However my initial impressions are that AC is lacking something in the Forcefeedback department in comparison to rf2 and also adjustability of various parameters is sorely missed. It looks really nice tho.

9. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

I wonder where is the appropriated thread to discuss DD posts style...

10. osella

osella Registered

Yeah, every thread is wrong so I will continue doing it here lol

DD's posts sure are really unique. He balances right on the thin line of attacking other people and posting total offtopic/gibberish. It's worth noting how he never got a warning nor ban even on nogripracing.com where they ban 50% of all users. Because he usually makes sure you can't directly say he said something offending but the fact is he usually comes across as agressive. But in such a weird way, non direct way, it would be hard to defend his ban. Really, there is no reason to ban him. I doubt anybody can say they would dislike nor hate him. But at the same times is really hard to like him and if most people posted the same thought as him, just more clearly, they'd be in troubles immediately.
    When you try to discuss with him it he turns everything against you but again, in such a strange and non direct way you always give up and he sort-of wins. Nobody cars after, but everybody remembers his crazy writing style, not really offended by him, but having a strange feel :p

Now on topic there is not much to say anymore but I'd say it was one of the better threads, some good thoughts by the usual better posters

11. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Registered

Back to topic.

Since I have Assetto Corsa I am going back and forth between rf2 and AC and to me it's very interesting.

As much as I like Real Road und the tyre simulation, what is lacking to me is a comprehendable FFB from rf2 (comprehendable to me, I should say YMMV). I feel the road more than I feel the car. In AC I always "feel" the car and its weight around me, I don't know how they achieve this, since all I have is an FFB driving wheel, but it's a bliss to me. I always know, what will happen, when something is happening, why it is happening and so on, in three words ACs FFB delivers to me clear precise information.

With rf2s FFBs it's a lot like garbling, compared to ACs FFB. When it first came out I thought to myself: yes, this FFB rocks (sure, because it is miles ahead of rf1s FFB), but nowadays... I often spin, because the FFB doesn't connect me with the car, I don't feel the weight... I don't know how to describe it. I get a lot of information, but it's here and there and nothing coherent.
    It doesn't make sense to me "feel-wise", therefore I am a lot more confident when I play AC, because there everything falls into place. Splendid.

But okay, I thought to myself, I should look into my rf2 settings. All of them. I tested this and that for 2 days to no avail and somehow I am a little bit tired. I play rf1 single player extensively, I edit a lot of files to my liking, now I'm sitting here doing the same with rf2... I don't know if this how it should be. For example the ingame rf2 FFB-Menu is very rudimentary when you really want to change the FFB, maybe there could be an "Expert Mode Panel" in the future? I'm tired to edit configs anymore. This is 2013 and not 2006 anymore. But I digress...

Conclusion:
    Both games are betas and I want to love rf2 for what it is, but I can't right now. Funny enough I needed AC to fully realize this (and at the same time I have a lot of fun with rf1 and games based of rf1, "hey GSC, nice to see ya"). Honestly at the moment it is not there for me (yet, it is a very impressive piece of software, credit where credit's due). I will stand back and observe for the time being, while I'm off to play AC. So AC is very fun to me and rf2 to is interesting, to say the least.

I wish ISI all the best!

12. Domi

Domi Registered

I wouldn't say it better. I agree with you 100% here, with rF2 I notice a lot of stuff from the road (sometimes even some annoying rattling with FFB smooth to very low values), but very little about the tires, whereas with AC I feel the tires much, much better.

Sometimes I wonder if I have something wrong, or people says "FFB is awesome" just because they feel forces on the wheel...

13. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

View attachment 11039

14. Domi

Domi Registered

Do you understand that "feeling forces" doesn't necessary mean that it's realistic, neither that you feel what the car is really doing, right?

As I said perhaps I have something wrong (although I have never edited any file...), but at least it's nice to see that I'm not the only one.

15. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I think rF2 has a way better set of forces in the FFB over AC. I usually put my Car Specific FFB up to 1.50X on my G27 but I do have a larger than stock wheel. I think what is happening is AC is putting ONLY realistic forces in the wheel where rF2 assumes you aren't in a full motion rig and adds some exaggeration to compensate for the lack of you actually being in a car and feeling with your ass.

16. Domi

Domi Registered

In the last build Kunos added some fake FFB options as well.

17. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Domi, i never edited any file. One of the first things which the majority notice on rf2 (i´m one of them) it was how good the stock ffb is (and i´m really "picky" - don´t know if this is the right word for annoying, extremely detailed to how it behaves).

You are entitled to have different opinion. People can agree with you or not but what you just said is nonsense.

You should know rfactor is not for beginners (or at least beginner without whiling to learn and patience) or arcade gamers. Telling that people who find rf2 ffb awesome or any other kind word just "because they feels forces on wheel" is almost offensive.

Just tell you find that ffb on rf2 suck in your opinion, but (i´m asking a favor) don´t takes the majority of community as dumb monkeys behind the wheel who cannot notice nothing beside weak or strong ffb.

18. Domi

Domi Registered

Ok, maybe the expression wasn't my best one, I agree.

19. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Not very good, TBH.

Grip is pretty much overdone, cars stop a lot faster than their real-life counterparts(due to the artificial grip). Their feedback forum is a bit shoddy really, i.e. - threads questioning things like the grip get merged and locked, I guess the feedback forum is only for people to praise the devs.

I was foolish enough to purchase the game on launch day, when I opened steam to get the latest ArmA3 devbuild update I saw AC on the front page, it said the early-release version has ai and mp, of course afterwards I discovered that its a private trackday simulation. Graphics are good, but for whatever reason I get better performance in rF2 with 20+ cars.

It wasn't a lot of money but I still feel like I've been had.

Makes me wish Kunos was half as much of a stand-up organization as ISI is, and offered refunds.

20. Miro

Miro Registered

When you drive with tires which feel and behave like indestructible water balloons you can call it fake FFB what they add but that doesn't necessarily mean it's faked in rF2 right? Or am I wrong here? Is rF2 faking something or are those forces direct input? Please enlighten me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.