So hows AC for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You can call it an rFactor mod if you want, however it has unrivaled tracks (from the layout accuracy to textures and the bump mapping) that are so good, no rF/gmoto2 modded track will ever feel good again, painfully accurately detailed 3d models, the greatest FFB feeling in all of "current gen," the very best sounds, the best driving sensation on any game available to play (this includes rF2, AC, R3, and pCars), and it has a bunch of additional graphics and shaders applied to the base to look as good as it's possible.

You seem to not know very well about things you say. I do agree on next-gen sim, it's not. It's the finest bit of content you'll find on current gen, and for a while longer it's going to be the best content available.

2. Maug

Maug Registered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXNrzqaau1Q

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have drove the Clio for 2312312laps and I never lose the rear!
    I didn't say that AC sucks, but I feel that the understeering is exaggerated especially with the sport cars like the 458, the lOTUS 49 and the Zonda!
    there is less understeering with the road cars like the E90,E92 and the 2 Eleven!

4. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Ok, I made a video, it's terrible quality because I don't know how to youtube :/ Also I wanted to make it quick.
    But here it is, power oversteer in all RWD cars, all with default setups, one track, one corner:

Some cars are easier, some harder, default setups certainly didn't help for some of them. But as you can see you can loose the rear in any o them. Also I'm not much of a drifter, so forgive my rather poor showing.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
  5. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Maybe you don't really know how these cars handle in reality? For example the owner of real 2-11 says that the representation of this car in AC i spot on (i quoted him in this thread), I will trust the guy who owns 2-11 and drives it on daily basis on the road and on the track.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

thuGG, no point in presenting facts to support your argument. If you look at the history of posts you'll notice a pattern.

7. smithaz

smithaz Registered

The lotus 2 11 guy said:
    "Initially it felt 80-85% of the way there, but with a more stable back end (see the constant mid-corner correction required in the above video, although the rear tyres were over-heating in that clip) and slightly less weight transfer effects - the slides didn't get nasty as quickly as they do in the real car and the rear seemed a bit more stable."

I think that is the point that you don't balance the car on the limit so much, there is no need for mid corner corrections, maybe the trajectory is the same but it is much simpler to drive it.

In response to your video, it basically illustrates the point that slides in AC are almost scripted, you either slide or not, there is not so much micro drifting out of the corner like there is in rF2.

+ oversteer in the clio, its called lift off oversteering

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

You should read my post again! the 2-11 is one of my favourite cars in AC and It doesnt have much understeering!

9. thuGG

thuGG Registered

And then he wrote:

"Then I reduced the rear wing to 6 degrees (the track only version presumably modelled in the sim has an adjustable rear wing, whereas my road version doesn't) and I took the front ARB down a notch to position 2 (I actually run full stiffness at the front in real life, but I noticed the sim has 4 positions, so maybe the track car has a different front ARB?). Now with those settings it feels very similar indeed to my 2-Eleven, and in the video/replay comparison it looks spookily similar."

Please don't use my video to support you're broken theories, I was just mashing the throttle mostly...

@GTClub_wajdi
    You're right, I'm sorry!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
  10. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Yes he said that setup helped, but I still think his original comment is still valid, you do not need to mid corner correct barely at all in AC, it is like there is a big gap in having grip or not having it, there is no micro sliding which you have to correct.

I did not mention it before but in your video all you're doing it breaking the grip and spinning out, you are not power sliding or drifting on the power out of a corner, as i said it illustrated the point that there is either grip or no grip and not much in between.

11. Black75

Black75 Registered

@ thuGG:

in any way great video demonstration... it's possible to continue to discuss to infinite, but now there is a video with powerslides :)

12. Domi

Domi Registered

Depending how do you drive. Maybe if you are 4-5s off pace, it's not needed, sure.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

14. thuGG

thuGG Registered

The only thing it illustrates it that you can break traction with power. This video was made to show that the video posted earlier was wrong. I will repeat myself, don't use this video to support your broken theories.
    You can do lot's of things with the cars in AC in lots of ways. I did this whole video in 30 min, I wanted to show one thing and one thing only. If you can't understand that, then I'm sorry.
    ''

15. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

:facepalm: you are not catching the point.

First, if you think that slides are correct... I can only laugh because some of them are just weird (not all).

Second, to achieve that "slides" (in some cars of your video is visible how hard is to brake grip and how easily sometimes the car recovers It...) you had to destroy your gas pedal and completly unbalance the car on purpose (and sometimes with no results, as Mulero video... you went further than him unbalancing the car, this demonstrates what we are talking about), there is no "controll", there is no controlled gas pressure. In most cars you showed you coould in real life break grip only pushing a little more gas than needed to turn, or just moving a little your wheel. As said, in AC you have to exagerate all these inputs, and despite of that, see how weird grip GT2 or F Abarth has... recover grip during a powerslide and you go to grass, if you are saying me that's correct...

Edit: And about David dominguez video... yes, I repeat you can slide in AC, but is the way It slides and how hard you have to work to achieve slides, only overdriving on purpose and with way more aggressive inputs than are needed in real life (you can see lots of onboards of how carefuly real drivers use gas and brake pedals, and others how easily can be grip broken)...

16. thuGG

thuGG Registered

:facepalm:

So there is a guy showing a video in which he can't brake traction AT ALL, like there is some TC enabled. I show that it can be done. I went with the easiest and fastest approach, one corner and mash the throttle (i din't even want to make drifts or make controlled slides). And what do I get? "OMG bla bla bla bla, inputs, bla bla bla, grip bla bla bla".

And of course, you can make all the things you're saying when you're on the edge of grip. Also in most cars (especially road) you won't be able to just make it oversteer with small movement on gas pedal.

17. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Again, that video of... your mate (cant remember his name). Half of those clips are from a car that's going either too fast, a car where he is putting on 180° of steering lock, is lifting the nose so all situations where it's almsot impossible to create oversteer since you're just overdriving the car.
    Now someone shows you a clip where he properly induces oversteer by weight transfer, power over, ... and you go and say it's wrong.

Facepalm back at ya

18. thuGG

thuGG Registered

@Timpie Claessens
    They don't know what weight balance is, and where should it be to make a car slide. They think that any application of throttle should make a car go sideways (not to mention differential settings). LOL.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

As would everyone presenting every side of every point in every discussion. This, much like the last thread, is pointless. :) Nobody finds it possible to accept anyone else's opinion. Nobody fails to provide 'evidence' of whatever they need evidence for. Everybody can say things and find enough evidence to make them never accept an alternate opinion. Again, pointless.

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

And repeat, and repeat, and repeat. This will be this thread back and forth for 500+ posts until someone says something silly and I close it. Pointless. You cannot convince others of your opinion just as much as they cannot convince you of their opinion.

For heavens sake, there's been 220 posts already, NOTHING has been agreed that I have seen by ANYBODY. The only people agreeing are those who use both sims, accept their differences, and like them sometimes for those differences. Aren't you guys bored of this yet? I sure as hell am, no matter what sim it is, or XBOX vs PS, Microsoft vs Apple, it's like a disease.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.