So....AC is going to consoles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Jun 4, 2015.

1. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

AC is for sure a Forza killer.

2. C3PO

C3PO Registered

A few points from an AC source:

1. The same AC physics engine and driving model will be on the console machines - nothing is "dumbed down".
    2. A separate, dedicated team will be working on the console development. Where optimisations are found - for example in the UI - these will be used in the PC version. Already other code improvements from this collaboration is in V1.1. Remember, "classic" Kunos team is working continually on PC - they now have a bit extra firepower.
    3. Some 100 cars will be available on the console version - those same vehicles will be present on PC too. Current Ferrari F1 - and others - will be appearing.
    4. Expectation is that the PC version will become further optimised - along with further features - as expertise base is widened across platforms. This doesn't mean realism is mitigated, it means the code is further refined and enhanced.
    5. PC enhancements continue as normal. In terms of features, work continues on physics engine, graphics engine and sound engine. Work on next Dream Pack continues as normal.

The last thing the AC devs is to want to "dumb down" the very thing they have won acclaim for in the media. It definitely is not in their interests as it would clearly be foolish to do so.

Speaking personally, I think some very good things are to come for PC users from all of this.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

No I'm sure AC doesn't need to be dumbed down for the consoles. Most things about it already feels very simplified so I bet it will translate perfectly unto the consoles and will appeal to a much broader crowd, like pCARS, Forza and Gran Turismo do.

4. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Just say what you think Hex ;)

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I think I just did. ;)

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

If you played less than two hours you may still have a chance. Make your case, etc, and you might get the refund.

7. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

8. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Some of you people are just weird. Irrational hatred towards inanimate object is just fascinating, but it does come out as being ignorant and petty when you defend your feelings to the bitter end as ultimate thruth... kinda reminds me of religions actually. Church of rFactor 2, nice ring to it don't you think? I doubt that ISI shares your enthusiasm though, so better make it a secret society. ;)

Console port of Assetto Corsa; Great news. More money, more licenses, more, more, more. At the moment AC is top 3 sim on the market for sure, and it's just getting better day by day.

rFactor 2 pipeline; Always exciting stuff. Can't wait for the weather finalizer, that will be the bee's knees!!

9. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Its strange its always wrong when the rf2 guys talk...lol

10. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I'd agree with Matt Orr. It would fail with the current AI and career mode. They're the reason Steam tells me I've only played AC for 91 minutes.

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I have AC clocked in at about 100 hours on Steam iirc. Most of that time was spent desperately tweaking the ffb to find a somewhat realistic feeling, and many hours spent also on having to restart races due to AI failures and CPU occupancy bugs.

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Don't restart races too much or the AI will break. Literally. You must quit back to the menu and then go back at it.

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Well, Pcars and AC are going for Xbox and PS4? Then rF2 should go for Wii!
    Come on ISI, surprise the world and kill it!

14. Golanv

Golanv Registered

"rf2 guys"? Lets try this again, "Some of you people are just weird..." Yes inclueding you Nazi, but not all the "rf2 guys".
    You do not represent the whole community of rFactor2, actually quite a small percentage, maybe the loudest, but yet so small.

That being said, I do not give a rats ass what game you like and don't like. What is the part that causes sentiments in me? The misinformation that is the plaguing these threads, and usually end up getting closed because the most emotional individuals turn it into a **** flinging fest.
    Then again, you are not claiming to be a journalist, so have a nut. Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

More money, sales does not mean a better PC game. :rolleyes:

Geee........... just ask Codemasters

16. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Thank you Captain Obvious.
    Since it is already a great "pc game", more content makes it even better... so in this case... yes it does.

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You made the blanket statement................... more ports more licences more money a better game day by day

Yadda yadda yadda

That is what you said Captain Oblivious

18. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Both 1 and 2 cannot both be true simultaneously... Well, week 1 maybe. But week 2? I don't think so...

And the only reason they get acclaim is because they have eye candy and they have teased the world with Need for Speed looking videos since day 1. I think half the race sim media just slobber all over anything from anyone who talks to them.

19. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I was racing the F1-2015 mod for Assetto Corsa minutes ago. Can't go better than 1.19 in Montreal (Hamilton did 1.16 today :p)

The driving model is OK until the braking, it seems all cars have no brakes at all. I have to use engine braking, it seems that I'm braking a truck. And, the engine flywheels must weight 1 ton, the RPM of the cars never drops when I'm braking even blipping.

20. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

AI standards on consoles are pretty low, and it took devs many years if not more than a decade of experience to come up with satisfiable solutions, so don't bet on it improving the situation much.
    Forza, GT and Codemasters have big teams with years of experience, yet none have AI that are up to hardcore sim standards.

Only Crammond's, Papy's and ISI's AI can be considered great, although ISI is the only one that deals properly with mixed class AI.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2015