small bug: new track limit system

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by shiet, Aug 10, 2022.

1. shiet

shiet Registered

I've encountered a small bug or something with the new track limit system.
    I was in an oval race against the AI and around the end of lap one the text box came up saying "illegal pass" and was counting down from 10 when I was next to/just slightly ahead of the AI car which was ahead of me at the start of the race. The "track limits calculating" box came up then disappeared several times, I didn't get any penalty.
    So all in all nothing really happened but I freaked out during the race because of the message, I didn't know what's going on. :)
    I recorded this race so if you need it I can upload it.
    http://www.kepfeltoltes.eu/images/2022/08/10/296bug.jpg

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Did you touch the wall? That counts as a wall ride if you do it long enough, and if you pass someone while doing it, then you'll get a penalty. You could've also gone outside the track limits, I don't know where they're setup on that track, but if you go below the line, it could count as an illegal pass.

3. shiet

shiet Registered

I attached a picture and as you can see I was literally in the middle of the road, the AI car was on my right next to the wall (the AI is not visible on the pic because of the low fov). I didn't go outside of the track limits. I played on Apple Valley.