Slower on rubbered track

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Comante, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

Hi all, I'm trying to have fun with USF2000 at Poznan, I find the track very attractive, and up to now I've just made some practice and a qualification run.
    Yesterday I tinkered a bit with my setup, and found a good and performing one, enough to score a 5th position. Then I switched to Quali , and not only I had to lower the front wing of 1 click because the car was too prone to spin, but I was unable to lap on the same pace as before, the only variable was the amount of rubber AI laid to the ground, and we are talking 2 seconds slower, while AI was indeed faster than before.
    What is the problem? Than just I must learn to drive on more grippy condition, or maybe AI lay rubber on a too narrow path that does not match my lines 100% ?

2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Were you two seconds slower on your own time or was the AI faster by two seconds?

I've found that the AI gains a ton of speed in qualifying.

3. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Different realroad setting for qualify? E.g green accidently? But then you should not see rubber.
    Set it to autosave for all Session, so it should keep rubber
    Still, realroad does not work reliable. I had plenty of occassions where you join server and while grip/rubber is there you spin or in case of gtm it feels like serious understeer, strangely.
    Usually it takes driving of 10 laps approx, with 2-3 box exits to get grip, or a reconnect. Thats why in qualify i lap usually fastest at the end of the session online.
    Sometimes late in the evening on server practise, when the last other driver leaves, I get faster out of nothing.
    Sadly I can not rejoin in a race so I never ever matched my practise times in a online race (diff at least 0.4sec/minute), and no, no dirty air because usally after first lap there is a big gap allready for this reason...
    Realroad does not work reliable or there are other issues, and it does not hit everyone same way, some not at all.
    I requested multible times a grip indicator, processed as our wheels see grip, but still none there. We also should have indicator for dirty air Level

4. Comante

Comante Registered

The real road was naturally progressing between session , the problem to me was that trajectory got much more grip than the rest of the track, so, unless you follow it precisely, there is a wide grip difference between tires.

5. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

This is usually not a big issue in online racing with 30+ drivers of all skill classes...