Slow startup of rF2 after 1st update of new beta UI

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Patrick Craenmehr, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Patrick Craenmehr

Patrick Craenmehr Registered

Since the 1st update of the new beta UI, startup of rFactor 2 has become much slower than on the 1st beta UI release and on the old UI.

When I startup rFactor 2:
    1. It takes about 15 seconds before the rF2 logo appears.
    2. After 1 minute 35 seconds the logo disappears and I get a totally white screen with a mouse pointer in the middle.
    3. At 2 minute 30 the UI appears, but I cannot use it yet (frozen)
    4. At 3 minute 15 seconds 'Syncing with workshop' appears, but that is done within a second.
    5. After that I can start using the UI.
    And when new or updated packages need to be installed, step 4 is taking a very long time as well installing then new or updated packages. rFactor 2 is installed on a very fast NVMe SSD, with 200GB free space.

I checked for *.rcd files in my settings folder, since that could be a cause of slow startup if I read another post on slow startups, but I have only 13 rcd files there.

Also, since the new UI, on the 'Start' page just after rF2 has been started under 'race' the text 'Current selection not available' is displayed. When I click on 'customize' and then immediately go back to 'Start' via the top menu, the 'Last used configuration' is displayed under 'race'.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you want to troubleshoot, try disabling antivirus or firewall components that may scan running processes.

3. Patrick Craenmehr

Patrick Craenmehr Registered

That had no effect. I am using standard virus/firewall protection delivered by Windows 10 by the way.

I checked task manager during startup and rFactor 2 is using about 20% CPU constantly when starting up. Almost no disk activity during startup.