Slow down point and pit red light waiting point

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Leonardo1962, May 9, 2015.

1. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

:confused:

Does anybody know, how to mark or set manually, per notepad the AIW pitlane waiting point in front of red pit Exit light.
    I have the problem the AIs are stopping in the middle of pitlane in stead in front of red light.
    If the box position is behind that middle pitlane point, the AIs wait to Exit the box until pit exit is green.

The AIs can identify the traffic light Position very well, if the pit exit light is green. With pitlane assist on, the driver gets control from AI correctly, exactly at the position of pit exit light.

But why might they stopp on red anywhere else ?
    Any Ideas?

Would be great to save time. :D

Leonardo (Peter)

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  2. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

[Solved] Hi,

I noticed, that in game, the pit exit traffic lights are identified by center of object vertizes with the materialname "RDPITLT..".

View attachment 16891 View attachment 16892

Pit entrance light Pit exit light

The pit exit light has a red light material named "RDPITLT..". All faces or vertizes are calculated to get a center position of all objects with this material. The AI red light waiting point is near this center point.

In my Blackwood conversion, i used the pitlight- objects (pitlightin.gmt and pitlightout.gmt) twice, for normal layout and reverse. Therefore i did have at least one object with too positions with "RDPITLT.." material (at pit entrance and pit exit).
    The average middle of these two objectfaces was in near the middle of pitlane. AIs stopped at this wrong center in the middle of pitlane, in stead of pit exit.

The objects pitlightin and pitlightout cannot be renamed in scn files, therefore I stored this objects in the Layout-folder to have individual traffic lights, with the same geometry but different materialnames.

The red light material of in the object pitlightin.gmt was renamed to f.e. to blpitlta (blue traffic light)

After that bugfix, the AIs can identify the correct red traffic light position and wait at the end of pitlane, until pit exit light becomes green.
    (This is implemented in the new Blackwood Version 1.3)

Thanks for your interest.

Leonardo1962 (Peter)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
  3. redapg

redapg Registered

Sorry, but i'm curious now.
    Did there change something from rF1 to rF2?

In rF1 it was no problem to give the Pitlight and-glow gmt names like ever you wanted.
    Just the name of the Instances had to be "PitGlowOut", "PitLightOut", "PitGlowIn",.., to make them work. And the material settings of course.

And i never noticed that the AI was influenced by the position of these objects in the described way.

But i have to say that i never used a pitlight/-glow "out" or "in" object at the entry and the exit point of the pitlane at the same time on the same track. :)

Did you try it with just renaming the meshes, not the Instance-names for the both layouts?

4. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

Hi redapg,

Yes i tried to rename gmt files, but without renaming the redlight material name, there was no effect.

I constructed my pitligthtout as a inside (pit exit) and pitlihgtin as outside (pit entrance) gmt. This was'nt Lucky.
    I use the same texture for all light colors, therefore, so i am able to change material name and with retexturing i can keep the color (red, yellow, blue, and green)

Leonardo1962 (Peter)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015