Slip plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by pmarin, Jan 20, 2016.

1. pmarin

pmarin Registered

Hi, yesterday while driving the Brabham through the Nordschleife, and strugling not to loose so much grip and spinning while trying to go faster, I was wondering why no one had created a plugin that showed how much your tires were slipping. This could be an interesting idea for someone to try out, or if it exists already, please tell me about it!

At first glance it might sound silly, specially for the more advanced drivers, but I think it would help a lot, at least while learning the limits of some cars, specially the likes of the Brabham or Howston, or helping improving our driving skills. Today we rely on sound and the FFB, but although great in rFactor 2, they are not that telling for rookie drivers like myself. A simple color coded visual help would be interesting to try out.

What do you guys think?

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The TrackMap plug-in has an app/widget (whatever you call it) for exactly that IIRC.

3. pmarin

pmarin Registered

Thanks!!! I read about that plugin some time ago, but with that name I never expected it to have that functionality :p

Thanks again for the heads-up

4. pmarin

pmarin Registered

For some reason the plugin is not reflecting whats happening with the car. Let me give you an extreme example. Did some donuts, all the bars are in green (not 100%, but green, not even yellow). Maybe I'm doing something wrong o I need to tweak the config files.

While driving normally, if you push too hard, accelerating or breaking, until the point that you slip, the info displayed still is in green, a little bit below 100%.

I'll keep looking into it, thanks again for the info on the plugin

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Hmm, from memory it sounds like you're looking at the wrong app there, perhaps the ride height if you say it changes color. The one I'm thinking about is sort of a circle with all four tires represented. Let me see what it's called and get back to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Ah sorry, it's the same app, called "WGL" that shows how much the tires are sliding (circle in the center) as well as the ride height (next to the circle).

7. pmarin

pmarin Registered

Hexagramme, you have been very helpful! In fact this is a fantastic plugin and just what I was searching for.

The problem I reported happens with the Brabham, for some reason, but I tried it with the Flat 6 mod and it works flawlessly, and is helping me a lot to understand more the limits of a car. Thanks again!