Slightly Mad Studios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1959nikos, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

and no demo. Does Steam support demos? Oh yes, they have for years. nvm. ;)

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I always thought demo structure was interesting.

For eye candy lovers they are already sold before they try it.

For simmers AC and pCars do a fantastic job of setting it up default that you can race straight out of the box.

ie: After basic control and aids settings it will probably be 2 1/2 hours till you even pause. :)

Thing is even I thought pCars was better then it actually was in first 2 hours I drove it, AC as well.

The more important aspect though....

Look at shooters you do not have to do barely a thing just click Go.

GTA5 BF4 COD Skyrim whatever a few minutes glancing at menus is all you need and you off drilling people between the eyes.

Nothing changes the physics, feeling how high or low you jump, it is all basically canned, what you see is what you get.

This is where sims are hugely different, settings are everything and 2 hours is BS. lol

Didn't AC and pCars both have $10 online demos ?
    Why not ISI ? but do the same as iRacing ..............use the finished product, not some alpha. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
  3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The vehicle dynamics of Project Cars seem very, very Race 07-ish but with a small layer of updating and sophistication added. I have a feeling there's either a crapload of ISI code still buried deep in the game's core, or lots of the foundations of their physics models are based off of their ISI code and they sort of used that as a starting point or something. It literally seems like Race 07 with a bit more complexity and "goodness" thrown onto it. Seriously, unlike how iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Live For Speed, rFactor 1/2 (SCE, FT, etc. etc.), Netkar Pro, World Series Racing, etc. are all completely different from one-another to drive (you can instantly tell they are all completely different physics engines), PCars seems just like Race 07 but with some added work to the physics. It's roots still seem very, very, very familiar if you've ever driven games like Race 07, GTR Evo, etc. again, unlike every other sim-engine which all feel totally different from one-another.

4. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

IMO a return of 10% total on such a high risk investment that worked out to be hugely successful is investment madness.
    The return needs to be commensurate with the risk.
    I mean was it more risky or less risky than Bono investing in Face Book shares where if memory seves me correctly he got about a 300% return.

5. David Wright

David Wright Registered

There is an outline of the pCARs tyre physics model here

http://www.virtualr.net/inside-project-cars-seta-tire-model

It has nothing in common with RACE07. SMS also had nothing to do with RACE07.

6. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Tell that to people who put their money in Oculus Rift as kickstarters and saw the company being sold for 3 billions :)

7. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

ouch

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You leave out GTL, go boot up the default sim and drive each car you ask me they still do a good a job of car variation feel / feedback.

Another you do not mention papyrus , basic engine, data fakery yes but the different 1967 cars felt totally unique yet a decade on rFactor 1967 mods exhibits none of this variation.

I think we need to worry about mod gurus more then developers as mods are the life blood and atm imho they not up to scratch with default ISI.

---------------
    Spin

Make ISI look like the others ( DX eye candy ) and in all others use "the" p ISI engine/fizzix'

Every one is happy. !!! Weeee !!!!

lol

Pity it is not that simple huh ?

hehehe ;)

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/project-cars-unpacked-boot-files.6809/

The start of 100s of dataless rips on "black sites" ( I do not mean RD ) ................ hehehe

AC and undoubtedly ProjectCars will do very nice looking conversion from titles and fast if AC is any indication.

Data, just pick numbers between 2 other cars feel about the same and punch them in, I understand.

lol

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

It was an example. It has that Simbin/Blimey or whoever feel to it. That link doesn't mean much. RF2 uses a completely different tyre model than RF1 and prior yet you can instantly tell you're driving an RF-engined pbysics engine and I'm sure ISI could have easily made some fancy page for RF2 like that one on VirtualR if they wanted to.

Furthermore, iRacing has apparently had 5 or 6 different tyre models yet you can still tell you're driving iRacing from tyre model 1 from 2008 to now (Sept. 2015); it doesnt drive like a completely different engine like (E.g.) jumping from AC to SCE, or NKP to IR, or LFS to WSR, does.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  11. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

Remember though that was just the first payment of returns? There are meant to be payments every 3 months for the next 2/3 years based on profit made/games sold, it should therefore work out at far more than just 10% :)