Slideshow performance with GTX 980Ti

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by RaceNut, Aug 27, 2015.

1. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I recently updated my GPU to the GTX 980Ti and rF2 has been unplayable since then. Other titles work fine using driver version 355.60 (clean install).

UI appears to function normally but, once at race start, everything is in super slow motion (not FPS but, seconds per frame). The audio timing-light cues are correct but, the rest of the audio is slow along with graphics.

The only other recent change was swapping out Fanatec CSPv2 for CST F1 pedals.

System: CPU - Intel i7 4770 / MoBo - Gigabyte GA-87X-UD3H / RAM - 16 GB Corsair / PSU - Corsair 750w / GPU - EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+ / Audio - SB ZX / Controllers - AccuForce Pro & CST F1 3b

Update: I also tried bypassing SC4 and running rF2 using the default AF FFB settings - no change. I updated my system BIOS - no change. Un-plugged all un-related USB devices - no change. I tried an older GPU driver - no change.

The only other thing I can think of is that I recently had my second monitor running off of the on-board GPU before switching both to use the GTX 980Ti. Is it possible that something related is preventing rF2 from fully utilizing the Nvidia GPU? I switched the mobo GPU off in the Bios.

Update #2: Updated Chipset drivers after cleaning all rF2 user files. Cleaning up files did not help so next up is a fresh install of rF2.

rF2 Re-install seemed to do the trick, I only tested with some base content but, no issues so far.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2015