[REL] Skoda Fabia Evo S2000 build 1.03

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Even though some testing have been done, and @Lazza found some stuff. I've only tried the Gravel Car :)

In addition, I do not use RC, I only use latest stable build.

2. redapg

redapg Registered

If you use the default Build ("None" in the Beta Selection), the Skoda should load as it should.
    At least it works here.

3. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Doesn't here. I always have "none" in the Beta selection. All I do in rF2 these days are running events for RaceDepartment, and we never use any beta-branches. So I don't either.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

I understood your "I only use latest stable build" in that Way, that you use the "previous - release" from the Beta Dropdown, because that is explained with "This is the previous public stable build" (Screenshot below). ;)
    But strange that the default ("None") let me load the Car without any Problem and you get a CTD...
    beta.jpg

Myrvold likes this.
  5. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Ah! Forgot about the way things are named in the rF2 beta options...
    But yes, it is a bit weird.

6. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Much more weird is that on my side the mod works perfectly with any build, RC or opting-out (to "none"). We can do anything to fix what here works and, like Chris wrote, also him has the mod working with the "none" public build.
    These days S397 is releasing little hot fixes to the RC: for any info everybody wants to add to this thread, I kindly ask to name any build adding its ID.
    For instance yesterday the RC was ID9252535, then yesterday night it changed into ID9261937: it means that the build is always named Release Candidate, but isn't the same version! You can find ID in Steam, rF2, right click to properties - updates.

One thing that can do who gets CTD is to use "trace=5" into a known S397 track (like Silverstone) and post the file, of course if he gets the error. Otherwise loading another official recent S397 track where gets the CTD loading the mod.
    I cannot post anything internally, if we don't read the reason of the CTD

Thank you very much and my apologies for the issue.

Corti likes this.
  7. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

The fact is that here we have different results... someone gets the CTD always, no differences if uses or not detachable option, someone only if scratchable option, someone only with Release Candidate, someone also opting-out and I have no problems at all.
    With a similar scenario any suggestion is useless, we need to discover the reason!

Corti likes this.
  8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

little quick update: since now (I don't know how many time it will last), Release Candidate and "none" (opting-out) are the same build ID 9261937, so the CTD should affect both builds (that are the same one) to the guys that have the CTD...

Corti likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The two builds will probably be the same for about two months.(if they follow the previous Q3 release pattern) The Release candidate will change about a month prior to the next Q4 drop in November.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

When loading a track, you should see at the lower right corner a line of text giving the version number. Currently v1130. Previous stable builds will most likely cause issues with the newest tech included with the DLC cars but 'should' be fine for 3rd party vehicles UNLESS they have incorporated some of the new updates.

11. Corti

Corti Registered

Running New Version 1130, without errors here.
    upload_2022-8-8_23-36-22.png
    Only sound typical in Moddev :cool:

12. Corti

Corti Registered

Hello a few laps trying new Rx track :)maybe a little more power in rear is possible?

13. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

first post has been updated with build 1.03:
    - maintenance update and attempt to fix CTD in some case
    - reordered classes and teams in the list of veh

We hope people got the CTD now can load the mod without errors...

pkelly and Corti like this.
  14. Strava

Strava Registered

Mod did not auto update for me. Had to unsub/sub to get it to download V1.03

Both car types and damage types load OK at a few random tracks.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 and rF2 1130.

Visable scratches does not seem to be working.
    Rubbed the car against a wall for a good distance at 100 mph and no scratches.

15. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

No idea of the reason for not auto updating, not a mod problem.

About damages it is very easy to test and it is weird not watching them... but this is the mod of the mysteries:

1. Silverstone track
    2. gear 1 and full throttle, straight to the little wall in front of you in the pitlane
    GRAB_310.JPG GRAB_311.JPG GRAB_312.JPG

16. Strava

Strava Registered

OK, I see. rF doesn't do "scratches". It takes an impact and looks like deformation.
    I have the rally sim Dirt 4 and it does show scratches if you go off course and run thru some underbrush, for example.

BTW if you hit the wall hard enough the wheels come off with out "detachable" selected.

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

wrinkles is/are about the best you can hope for besides parts falling off.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Wheels coming off is a separate thing. The customize option is for bodywork.

Corti likes this.
  19. redapg

redapg Registered

That are 2 different Things in rFactor 2 and you have to tag the involved Parts in a specific Way, where the whole Function is very limited.
    The visual "Deformation" (Scratchable Option) is made by the Shader, that blends in a "Damage" Texture, where the affected Size of the Area depends on how hard the Impact is.
    Physical Deformation is made by the Vertices and you can define the Effects in the Damage.ini File.
    I have to say, that i didn't seriously tested the whole Thing for a longer While, because the Vertex Deformation was deactivated a long Time ago and the Game is still WIP.
    But if you say, that, depending on how hard an Crash is, the Wheels come off the Body, the Vertex Deformation seems to be activated again.

20. Strava

Strava Registered

I usually run with damage off, so I am not familier with rF2 damage model.
    I don't think deformation is back tho.
    Ran 100mph into the butt end of a pit wall and the wheels came off, the shader damage shows but no deformation of the body.
    I wouldn't worry about it tho. Most ppl in this sim are more intrested about racing than crashing :)

redapg likes this.