Skins / Virtual Rides not showing up

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Igneous01, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Igneous01

Igneous01 Registered

Hi, I downloaded several different skins for the Oreca. The downloads come with their own .rcd and folder for each skin. When I add these files into rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\Oreca_07_LMP2_2017 and load up RFactor 2 these drivers/skins don't show.

I have created my own virtual riders for the Oreca using the default skins that come with it, and those do appear in my list. But I can't seem to get the downloaded riders to appear at all. What am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to setup an AI championship with Log Analyzer and I'm trying to create a field of 16 Oreca AI driver profiles to use in my championship. I followed the instructions for creating my own virtual rides and it works fine, but it doesn't seem like I can import external virtual rides? Is this possible? Has anyone created their own virtual ride grid for the Oreca they can share?

2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Check to make sure the vehicle name is the correct in the veh line in the rcd file because if there older downloads this name will probably be incorrect. If you change it to this (VehFile = ORECA07PRE41DCCA90.VEH) they should work. AI still do not use custom skins yet the bug still has not been fixed. If you are using any of my skins, I have updated my Oreca skins, here is the link.
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/s397-oreca-07-skins.25484/
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/s397-oreca-2019-imsa-cadillac.26225/
    Hope this is helpful to you.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

once you are at the track, with your standings screen minimized, look at the lower right corner for an arrow pointing to the right, see if your AI cars are available there.

4. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

If they do not show in the car selection list they will not show there either.

davehenrie likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ok, another issue it seems. Best of luck.

6. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

It's been a week or two since I have tried it. But as far as I know the bug still exists. The only way that I know how to get around it, is to load up a track and then manually "Add AI". From there, the cars will load with the skins.