Skins gone!?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by lukadeu, Feb 10, 2023.

1. lukadeu

lukadeu Registered

Hi, do you know where all the skin packs from workshop has gone.

GEM Lemans/WEC 2018/2019...
    SimSkin.de VLN...

where can I get these skins?

thank you

Bostrom likes this.
  2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Just saw your post as I stumbled across the same issue throughout the last two weeks with various skin packs and a fresh install of rF2. The problem is that the GEM and VLN skinpacks were basicly only uploaded to steamworkshop. Both skinpacks were taken down by the uploaders as they got disfunctional due to content updates by S397. This affects every skin pack that requires old base content that isn't on your harddrive anymore, so skin packs that are only offered as .rFcmp files and not as .mas files or as virtual drives. So I started to make a bit of research and luckily found a way to salvage the skins of the VLN pack and the the 2020 IMSA LMP2 pack as they are available as downloads elsewhere. I will first try to contact those and ask if I can make an upload. Going forward skin pack creators really have to think about how to offer their packs if they don't want to fall into the same trap.

Bit of an issue is that I can't make the icons for the new UI without huge amount of work right now unless S397 solves this by either offering their own tool or fixing the problem with the png screenshots. Anyway, the skins aren't lost and I hope that some other people who might have saved the GEM package can chime in and help.

Bostrom and pkelly like this.
  3. lukadeu

lukadeu Registered

Tanks, please let me know where to find them.

L.

4. haunetal1990

haunetal1990 Registered

Reiche likes this.
  5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The Problem with that DL is that you only get an rFcmp file. I am not sure if he knows how to extract the skins from that file as installing that file is impossible due to missing base mod right now. I haven't recieved any answer so far. :(

6. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

I think GEM took theirs down after another update by S397 that broke them.

A shame because they were genuinely my favourite thing in rf2.

Bostrom likes this.