Skin Transfer Bug

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by ciprox, Dec 20, 2018.

1. ciprox

ciprox Registered

Hi Folks,
    we are racing a new season in our league using the McLaren F1 1998 car. Some of our participants are so passionate that they prepared individual custom skins for cars and the helmets as well.
    Copying the two skin files
    altRR.dds (car) and
    altRRhelmet.dds (helmet)
    into the respective folder which was created within the menue at the car selection one is able to see the car-skin (where the car turns arround). Going on track in offline mode one is able to see the individual helmet as well. So far so good.....
    In online mode the problem appears: all participants can only see the custom car skins which are transferred correctly. The helmet skins (working fine offline) being not transferred correctly. We do see the custom car skins but with the standard helmet skins belonging to the respective standard car.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance and merry christmas
    ronny

2. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Put the dds files into a mas file then they should work online too.
    Merry Christmas to you too

Open the mas tool and click add files to mas archive, name it the same as the car body dds.
    C:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Support\Tools

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    JimmyT likes this.
  3. ciprox

ciprox Registered

Thanks GrimDad for your answer.
    Creating a mas file was not what i expected using the skin transfer function. Thus i have to create an individual mod which has to be installed seperately by every participiant and at the server side? It seem kind a "unsexy".
    Is there any possibility to distibute all customized skin files e.g. car skin, helmet skin, drive suit, window skin in some cars etc. via skin transfer or is it limited in transferring car skins only?

Thanks in advance
    ronny

4. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

You put the mas file in the same place as the single dds files. You can include driver suit / windows / extra's in the same mas.
    user data / player / settings / car name.
    Remove the single dds files using the same name (this can stop the skin from showing up)
    The mas file online will transfer the same way as usual.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  5. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

GrimDad is saying that each player who makes their own skin, puts the altRR.dds (car) and altRRhelmet.dds (helmet) files into a .mas called altRR.mas on the client side, then when the skin is transferred to the server when you join, all the extras go too.
    Here is an example of my Grove16 skin file path
    E:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\AM_FIAGT3_2012_799\Grove 16\altGrove16.mas
    and in the .mas file I have my car skin, window skin and helmet skin .dds files. :)
    Merry Christmas :)

GrimDad likes this.
  6. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Apologies for my rushed posts not explaining clearly....I'm in the middle of doing Christmas deliveries in Euro Truck Sim..in VR
    HoHoHo Merry Christmas :D:D:D

7. ciprox

ciprox Registered

okay thanks guys......
    i will try it as soon as possible. So this means i create a mas file containing car and helmet skin. This i do understand. BUT then i have to put the .mas file in my car folder which was created in the game. Later on the whole .mas will be transferred to the server and to the clients instead of the .dds files - correct?

sorry for my dullness

8. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Yes that is correct.