Skies and stuff..

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Old Hat, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

I notice at Palm Beach (not sure about elsewhere), that when cornering, the sky will abruptly update/change.

Also, when there's a clear blue sky, there's a conspicuous banding or ripple effect (true at other tracks too).

Leaving the garage-tent, the individual kiosks with their monitor screens disappear and reappear a few seconds later.

Other than that the flags and changing skies create a pretty good effect there IMO.

Can you please modify that ghastly red colour in various places e.g. track marshalls, garage objects, rumble strips; it looks like a child's colouring book. Or is it just my computer?

Formula 2: There's something rather distracting and unconvincing about the tyre animations seen from the cockpit appearing to slow down at high speeds. I understand the idea, but it's not quite right yet. Not really a bug, just saying...

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The color of objects aren't going to be corrected until the gfx engine is more stabalized as to what color it makes colors look. :)

For the first issue, do you mean the cloud animation is jumping?

The F2 tire is placeholder, we got the rights to put Yokohama tires on them now.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

I`m not answering for Old Hat but I`ve seen the cloud/sky animation jumping...

I`ve noticed it when cornering too and it`s kinda like it`s jumping from one type of selected weather to the next. You turn the corner and as you go round, the sky with a little cloud cover rapidly changes to a lot of cloud cover (or whatever weather you have selected obviously)

Great news about the Yokohama tyres too. :)

4. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

What tjc described is exactly I mean.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks. :)