Skid marks on tracks not showing

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Indigo121, Apr 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Indigo121

Indigo121 Registered

Hi
    I've noticed that tracks I've downloaded don't have areas of skid marks on the tarmac, even though in videos of them I can clearly see a darker shade around the line where cars pass. And it's not in any specific mod.

My display settings are at full. I've checked at different times of day. I thought that maybe these textures aren't there from the start but are generated during the race, but no, I can see in videos that they are there from the start.

What could be causing this? Note that things like patches in the tarmac are showing, but any area that is darker because cars pass there is instead the same color. This is really ruining the visuals for me, as the surface just looks like a block of marble...

Here are two examples: Mosport and Atlantic Road:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/atlantic-road.8022/
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mosport-ctmp-wip.7558
    Even in ISI tracks like Lime Park this is happening.

Thank you

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

You mean Realroad-texture or skidmarks?
    There´s a difference!
    For RR-texture it is related to how much rubber you lay down the track, so it´s only visible after many laps.
    Skidmarks is another topic. There are always some, but how many, or how long they last is dependent of how modder set the value.

3. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Yes looking at the videos he means real road.. You will likely have to turn 100 laps, and/or get 10 cars to do 10 laps to start to get the track to rubber in. The videos are in a race, so likely during practice and qualifying they have rubbered in the road.

You could put 20 AI on the track in practice, accelerate time for a minute or so and it should rubber in well.

If you are going straight to race on a green track , then you wont have it. (plus the track will be a lot less grippy in those areas).

4. Indigo121

Indigo121 Registered

Thanks for your answers, guys. I mean the wide darker areas in the tracks where the cars pass, so I think it's the RR-texture. Not skid marks.

"You could put 20 AI on the track in practice, accelerate time for a minute or so and it should rubber in well."-
    I will try this, thanks.

"Skidmarks is another topic. There are always some, but how many, or how long they last is dependent of how modder set the value."-
    You mean there is a value for random skid marks in modding? You don't need to build them in manually? If so, can I add them myself in mods? Or do I need the mod source code?

I don't mean to nitpick with this, it really does bug me visually and it would be great to fix.

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Skidmarks are also just a texture that´s laid over the road when it should happen.
    The amount of visible skidmarks (number of max visible textures) can be set in the .tdf file of the track (of which every track have one).