[REL] Single Player Sound Pack for rF2 Spotter

Discussion in 'Other' started by TheLeadWolf, Oct 9, 2016.

1. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

No longer developed. I moved on to: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/crew-chief-v4-5-with-rfactor-2-support.54421/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wanted to do my part in making rF2 better and here's my contribution: Please find Single Player Sound Pack for rF2 Spotter. Spotter plugin originally created by Gerald Jacobson. This base sound pack is intended for jefcam ruleset. Extra sound pack is additional sounds/events created by me and tested by Jeff.

Download:
    Sound Pack v0.90: http://www.mediafire.com/file/g7o0wk5c2w1looy/rf2_spotter_sp_sound_pack_v0_90.zip
    Extra Sound Pack v0.50: http://www.mediafire.com/file/db2csrvrlry99vf/rf2_spotter_sp_extra_sounds_pack_v0_50.zip
    Extra Sound Pack Update1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/p2bbbf1gbqtzlfd/rf2_spotter_sp_extra_sounds_pack_update1.zip
    Driver Name Pack 1 v0.90: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bws5on5sp7v02w2/rf2_spotter_sp_driver_name_pack_1_v0_90.zip
    Driver Name Pack 2 v0.90: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xgh7cfrpbgxon9x/rf2_spotter_sp_driver_name_pack_2_v0_90.zip
    Driver Name Pack 3 v0.90: http://www.mediafire.com/file/v5ze2w0sd27gd00/rf2_spotter_sp_driver_name_pack_3_v0_90.zip

Description:
    Basically, this is another set of machine generated sounds for Spotter, with one difference: it includes driver names generated by matched voice/processing. Jeffrey Camilleri (jefcam) put a lot of work into developing Spotter rules further, and he kindly gave me permission to reuse his phrases in this Sound Pack.

Sounds are generated by using default installed en-US voice coming with OS. I then did tons of trimming and added some radio-like effects in DAW. I am not a sound engineer though :D

Sound/Driver pack installation:
    Download Spotter with Jeff's rules here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xlkwdt8xishg3x/Sound Pack v1.9.rar?dl=0
    See original Spotter thread for installation information: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22203-rF2-Spotter-Plugin

• Copy sounds from Sound Pack to: [rF2]\UserData\Player\Spotter\EN
    • Copy sounds from Driver Name Pack to: [rF2]\UserData\Player\Spotter\Drivers
    In game, you may want to adjust engine/sound effects volume level till you get desired balance between spotter audio/race sounds. I run 15% for most series, and 20% for F1RFT 2013.

Single Player Extra Sounds Pack:
    Included extra sounds and rules for my rF2 Single Player Sound Pack. I modified/extended rules from Jeffrey Camilleri (jefcam) release v1.9.
    • Added more variety to sounds/phrases and modified Events to use those extra sounds
    • Re-worked SafetyCar phase to announce more detailed messages and remove repetitions caused by bugs in triggering.
    • Did numerous tweaks by making sure certain rules only apply during Green Flag. Adjusted Spacing, TTL, and Break parameters on some rules
    • Added Contact Event that's triggered on any impact (Jeff's suggestion)
    Notes:
    This is experimental attempt to further improve Spotter experience. There are disatvantages to having more sound variety. It is entertaining, and spotter is more enjoyable IMHO, but makes it also more difficult to understand spotter.
    • This sound pack is tested only for Race phase. I did not test Practice/Warmup/Qualifying, it is possible I broke some things. However, fixes should be simple (just add another copy of part of Event under needed conditions). Also, let me know if you find things I broke.
    • This pack includes some silly/cursing (mild :D ) sounds - in Contact Event. Comment undesired sounds out.
    Extra Sound Pack installation:
    First, if you want matching basic sounds, you need to have Single Player Sound Pack and Driver Names pack mentioned above.
    - Copy sounds from this Extra Sound Pack to: [rF2]\UserData\Player\Spotter\EN
    - Save backup of DefaultRules.ini and DefaultEvents.ini in [rF2]\UserData\Player\Spotter\. This will come handy if you don't like new events, or to understand what I changed, shall you need to change/fix it.
    - Copy provided DefaultEvents.ini/DefaultRules.ini to [rF2]\UserData\Player\Spotter\

Uninstall:

Just restore old DefaultEvents/DefaultRules files.

Special Thanks go to JefCam
    who tested this work and shared his ideas that helped me with this effort.

Driver Names Pack 1 Content Covered:
    I got permissions to include driver names from:
    • Apex GT3 v0.940
    • BTCC NGTC v1.2 - StrawmanAndy
    • F1 2013 Single Player v1.35 - by Frenky

Driver Names Pack 1 also, includes small subset of ISI content.

Driver Names Pack 2 Content Covered:
    FVR V8 Supercars v6.1

Driver Names Pack 3 Content Covered:
    Endurance Series v1.0 by Enduraces

Known issues
    Some names do not come from .veh files. I am not yet sure, but I think game generates random names if number of AI drivers selected is above number of drivers defined in mod itself. If anyone has solution to propose, let me know.

Next steps:
    • I may add more driver names if I get mod owner permissions to do so.
    • If you want ISI driver names added, please PM me with a driver names and name of ISI content.

Thanks/Credits:
    ISI for rFactor 2
    Gerald Jacobson for rF2 Spotter Plugin
    Jeffrey Camilleri (jefcam) for additional Spotter rules and sound phrases. Jeff also helped with Extra Sound Pack a lot.
    Apex Modding for GT3 mod
    StrawmanAndy for BTCC NGCT mod
    Frenky for F1 2013 Single Player mod
    Creators of FVR V8 Supercars mod
    Enduracers for Endurance Series mod
    Noel Hibbard for CmpPack and ModMgr command line tutorial

If you notice missing names (from included mods), or bad trimming of the sound, let me know.

Hope you will like it :) Enjoy!
    TheIronWolf

Changelog:
    10/7/2016 - Sound Pack v0.5 released
    10/7/2016 - Driver Name Pack 1 v0.5 released
    10/14/2016 - Driver Name Pack 2 v0.5 released
    10/20/2016 - v0.51 out. Adjusted audio processing filter for all packs
    - Driver pack 1: Added couple 3 driver names for driver pairs. Those files contain "and" in them. .veh files contain / in pair name.
    This is not allowed filesystem character, so if you want to use those names you'll need to modify .veh files.

11/04/2016 - v0.90 out. All sounds re-trimmed to preserve subtle sounds. Driver pack 3 added.

11/07/2016 - Extra Sounds Pack v0.50 released.
    11/20/2016 - Extra Sounds Pack Update 1 released.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  2. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Nice!

3. yoss

yoss Registered

good work

4. Corti

Corti Registered

Bravo!!!

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

YES !! [emoji4][emoji41][emoji41] Thank you !!

6. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

:) enjoy guys. I hope to get URD permission, it is a shame I can't give you all names from my machine.

7. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Grazie :)

8. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

I started to work on extending the sounds and rules by adding more variety to sounds. For example, instead of saying just "car left side", spotter will also say "to your right" etc. I am also tweaking existing events so that they work a bit better, mostly by adding spacing.

There are some problems I am dealing with:
    * I am wondering if anyone was able to improve SafetyCar event? I noticed that during the final lap of safety car, this event goes crazy. I am experimenting to see if Spacing will help silencing it. Also, EventTag might be a way to go, but not sure yet.

* Another thing is MinorDamage event, it is actually quite useful, because majority of contacts are minor, slight touch. The problem is that it triggers even after suffering major damage. Anyone found a cure?

* Was anyone able to disable events during full course yellow? I wonder if passing Input2 for game phase and testing that in all events, but syntax just makes my head explode :)

* Lastly, if Class doesn't have enough cars to fill the grid, rF2 adds some names that don't seem to be coming from .veh files. Does anyone know where are the names are coming from? Such names break events using [DriverName]. If I could test if [DriverName] is present, probably this could be improved, but my guess that's not likely to be possible.

Cheers!

9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Hello!
    Just pushed out v0.90 update - added Enduracers driver name pack and re-trimmed all sounds.

Me and JefCam are working on extra events/sounds pack. If everything goes well, next week I'll release extra sound pack (200+ sounds) and events that greatly improve full course yellow phase. Stay tuned!

10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Extra sounds pack is out. This pack mainly improves Safety Car phase (more detailed state messages and turns off bunch of messages that make no sense under full course yellow), and adds 200+ additional sound phrases to current Events. Special Thanks go to Jeff for his help testing and idea of Contact event. Have fun!

11. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Released update 1 for the extra sound pack. Patch fixes Brake/tire temps events to not announce OK temps when temps are too high. Also, reduces life of DRS_Allowed event so that it's not announced too late.

12. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Hi guys, thanks for this! I got a problem though where i cant hear the driver names. I probably did something wrong as i installed it this way:

1. First i installed Spotter from here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rf2-spotter-plugin.45948/
    2. Then i installed/overwrote with this: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/spotter-plugin-sound-pack-2-0.53614/
    3. Lastly i installed the packs one by one from your thread.

Everything else seems to work properly except driver names are not called out. Maybe also that a small touch have the spotter ask if im ok and that my brake temps are constantly too hot.

What would be the right/best order to install all this?

13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Hi Alex,
    what series are you racing? You do not need step 2. to use my sound pack, only sounds from this thread. Driver packs only cover series mentioned in the readme of each pack.

For tire temps, you need to define vehicle class for each series you're racing, and, temperature range. To get class string, enable spotter debug output.

14. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Ah ok, thank you. Regarding series i drive everything. I understand now its for certain series only. Coolers. I admit i didnt read everything in the readme's. :oops: I was shown the links over at RD and thought i needed to install everything. My bad.

I'll test install Spotter and then only your packs. Thanks again for all the hard work and for sharing. :)

15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Actually I misspoke yesterday, you should be able to use my sounds with 1.9 version Jeff's rules. However, I then re-worked and extended his (and Gerald's) rules, so extra sounds pack is no longer compatible. So I probably need to repack this stuff :) And, yes this is series specific, I asked modders for permissions to add driver names for their series.

There are some limitations in spotter that I can't fix without source code access. The good news is that I am working on Crew Chief port into rF2, so stay tuned :)

16. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Oh dear sweet baby jezuz, YES! :) It works so good in AMS. You sir are a super star. Thank you for doing that.

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Please when you port it make it call a full course yellow as soon as it appears, in AMS it only tells you when you cross the line ;)
    Also if you could get him to call it "full course yellow" instead of "double yellows" (trust me some people don't get what this means :rolleyes: ) and local yellow flags by sector would be amazing. I think this + safety car status (if it is out, getting in) and pit status under FCY is all Crew Chief needs now

Nothing beats an official spotter tho, the one in AMS helped a lot, hope S397 has one in its plans

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  18. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I won't be happy if it will be called "double yellow", and I am passionate about having good FCY experience (after all I've spent time to improve Spotter part of that). However, since we were able to have good FCY in rF2 spotter, I am sure it is will be possible in CC. But, nothing will happen overnight :) First release will most likely be pretty much AMS version, and getting that stable and clean is v1 goal.

My biggest concern is damage. I haven't investigated yet, but I've heard rF2 internals plugin does not report damage well, and I hope that's not true, because say in pCars it was good to hear what exactly is damaged.

Alex72 likes this.
  19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

To be honest current spotter plugin with a better sound pack and integrated to rF2 and "ON" by default would be good enough

20. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I disagree on spotter (in its current closed source implementation) + sound pack being superior to CC. Don't get me wrong, Gerald's work and idea is impressive, and I use it every day. However, there are two ways for it to live - either being supported, or open sourced. There are problems that I can't address without source code access (events stuck in buffer, inability to access global state from scripts etc). Second, I am under impression spotter updates at 200ms, with CC way of doing things we can do better (I shoot for 32ms). Lastly, spotter runs inside rF2 process, affecting FPS. I would like to have minimum impact on rF2, and taking spotter out of rF2 is a way to do it.

My only problem with CC it does not have first/last name pairs. But, oh well, nothing is perfect, and as long as it is open source, it will evolve.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016