Simtek GT3's vs Studio 397 GT3's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by t0p5ecret, Jan 31, 2019.

1. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Good to know mate cheers

2. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Btw now on topic, I actually did exactly this some months ago.....used the Ferrari, Lambo and Porsche (before the challengers pack) as grid fillers with the initial GT3 pack.
    As Goodwind said, they're a few seconds quicker in some tracks and more balanced in others but giving some talent would fix this.....Pit stops seem to work too.
    The reason why I ended up dropping the Simtek cars and now run with only S397 cars is because I found the AI of Simtek cars being a bit more erratic....going off the fast lane at times and making some silly mistakes. I find the AI of the official cars better, and with the new pack I don't need grid fillers anymore.

Godwind Racing and t0p5ecret like this.
  3. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Actually its a much more serious offense when it can damage a reputation or worse impact any existing or even potential agreements with others. That's a large part why some of the OEM's (Ferrari, Porsche, BMW to name a few), has been cracking down on unlicensed use of their names in sims, in the case of Ferrari and F1 even using the graphics is verbotten, at least by them. As for the modders, I wish they didn't have those risks, for crying out loud, its just a sim. Its not like I really cared that my car was used, (despite the horrid physics). Its the principal that someone can copy your original graphics and claim it as their own, then get upset when the original owner uses it.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

note: that was the SIMTEK GT3 cars holding up vs GTE level cars. I seem to remember the same thing when comparing the URD GTE cars vs Simtek. GTE 'should' have been much faster but were fairly equal. To really understand the BOP of Simtek, you should compare with the two GT3 carpacks.

5. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Thanks for the info mate, I ended up running just the Endurance Series 3.0 car set at Bathurst instead, they weren't too bad and very closely matched the actual cars running this weekend in the real event. The race with the ES 3.0 cars was pretty clean although they did some odd stuff as well like dramatically leaving the track on the straight or changing racing line all of a sudden.

6. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

On AMS, I had the same cars (by EEC and they use the same skins used by Simtek). There, most of it's time, it quickly descends into a stock car race with cars hitting each other, crashing into walls, ignoring stop-go penalties and other reckless behaviour - all this I find extremely odd in a real GT race. I must assume that this is the nature of AMS being the official game of their Stock Car series

With the new features, I think it's a good time for any of us to make changes to the mods

As with talent files, I adapted EEC (AMS) and Ultimate GT3 (rF1) skins to use with the Camaro GT3 and turns out, they are faster than the official cars at Sebring which is unusual since they were barely competitive in GT Masters.