Simsteering2 Wheel not recognized

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Voodoo, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Voodoo

Voodoo Registered

Hey folks, just bought and installed rF2 and having massive problems with it. I can't get the steering to be recognized at all in the game. The UI shows it as a device, but I can't configure it to steer, nothing happens when I try to detect. I've loaded the 'simsteering' config and it still doesn't work. I've disconnected the keyboard and the pedals, still no luck. Is there any way I'll be able to get this to work?

Configuration:
    Win 10 with latest update.
    Simsteering2 54
    Precision Sim Engineering wheel
    Pro-sim H gate shifter
    Ricmotech GTPro3 pedals

All devices show in the (beta) UI. Pedals do seem to work, and so does the shifter. Steering wheel buttons also work. Just no actual steering.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Repeating myself here, sorry: assign "steer left", then turn your wheel all the way to the left. Multiple rotations. A quarter or half turn won't do it. See if that works.

3. Voodoo

Voodoo Registered

No go unfortunately. I turned lock to lock and got nothing. Even increased the range on the wheel config from 600 to 900 and tried with full lock on that and nothing still.
    Edit: OMG! I configured the wheel for the full 1500 degrees and turned all the way and then it worked. Thank you!

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

These high end wheels are fussy! :D

Glad it works. If you have any trouble send it to me for testing - I'll promptly disappear from the internet.

5. Voodoo

Voodoo Registered

haha, evidently they are.
    Thanks a lot mate. I really appreciate your help.