SimRacingWorld Poll - Which is better: Project CARS or rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3lfk1ng, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Makes sense, Osella. I decided to crack open the latest update after skipping a couple b/c I didn't see any physics updates in the release notes. Have to say there seem to be some improvements. I dare say that the Ariel Atom 300 and the formula rookie are downright drivable. AI is very messed up though. Anyway, just wanted to say that my opinion of you is not totally destroyed LOL

2. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

thats realistic :)

3. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

pcars isn't a sim by my reckoning, so rf2 wins by default.

4. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

I'm wearing blue socks, blue isn't red, so rf2 wins by default.

Have to try this in real life...will be fun.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Some of the ffb having weight in PCars doesn't mean it's realistic or a real sim, it just means they did a good job of tuning the ffb to give that weighty sensation. You can get this same effect in certain cars in granturismo and forza, doesn't mean they are true sims.

Programming ffb code shouldn't blind you into how sim a car's or sim's physics are.

I have played the newest build of PCars, yes the ffb is improved and some cars give a good sense of weight, but if you ignore the feelings in your hands, and you actually look and analyze what your car is/isn't doing, how it's doing it, etc etc you'll actually realize the physics/handling/behaviour are still totally junk simcade console level.

6. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

As one of the many of us here who actually has some real life driving experience, or at least some viable knowledge of how a car should drive, I can clearly tell you that the polls on that website are total BS. You will probably find the pcars community also have a forum over there, and as their community is bigger, (I would assume), they probably all hopped up and voted for pcars.

And I know a lot of fanboys of iRacing probably got some pcars votes in there too! :p

Now, I am no hater or fanboy. If pcars do in the end make a good sim, that would be awesome! I am all down for having more sims to play. I love rFactor 2, I play iRacing, I play lots of Simbin titles, I love them all.

But how on earth, in it's current stage, pcars out votes rFactor 2, I will never know.

That poll means nothing to me! :)

7. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

pCARS is a really early preAlpha.

All of this guys here are blind about this case. Sorry...

If pCARS is in Beta one day, you can talk about direct compare to the rF2 Beta.....

8. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

and all these discussions on the version....
    based on?

The same level of inconsistencies imho.

There are a lot of concepts to erase here.. =) in all directions, ALL

9. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Although I'm quite enjoying pCars, no matter how hard I try, I cant seem to "fall in love with it" (yet). Dunno why!

A rFactor 2 race at Croft or Putnam however in the F2 or Clio is right up my street and will easily pull me away from pCars.

Each to his (or her) own though, I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
  10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I'm not justifying them at all but I guarantee you that tire sounds are putting people off and that's a shame.

11. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

+1, the newer build they release the same or worse physics it gets. At very beginning I was excited about pCARS project, but that exciting was totally numbed. rF2 physics is so far superior that is absolutely impossibly to compare.

12. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Sometimes the pCARS members seem to be intentionally lying in order to achieve better "earns" when the sales starts (once the rules for it is totally loose). There's thousand and thousand threads which one billions of posts / pages of fruitless pursuits, members who are "investing" thousand of dollars (and don't have a decent rig for play) and the physics are the same crap of the very first build.

I'm just wondering if that isn't a sort of Ponzi's money make scheme like Herbalife and the hell...

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ok and rf2 is in beta for almost a year, what's your point? PCars is due out in about a year, I bet rf2 isn't far off from that date either.

You make it sound like rf2 is all finished and comming out next week, while pcars has 3 or 4 more years of development time.

One company calls it a Pre-alpha for the past year (which it's not, if you understand what Pre-alpha really is supposed to mean), and one company calls it beta for the past year, they are both probably a year or so away from release and have therefore just been given different names from their devs.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

If RF2 is a year away from release I'll eat my hat! I reckon Gjons finger is hovering over the Gold Button from the next update onwards, as we know the Skip Barber is now coming and a new track...those could be the catalyst to push the Sim out earlier than you may think, but as ever who knows what's really going on in ISI Towers!

15. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Gold does'nt have to have Rain fully finished though, remember this is an "ongoing project sim" not a traditional "get everything finished and released sim", when Gjon wants to go Gold it'll go Gold and none of us know when thats gonna happen, so dont be surprised if its much earlier or even later than you or I think!

17. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

They showed off rain effects (or better dynamic weather) like one of the most important new features (probably the most important besides RealRoad). I couldn't imagine releasing rF2 with half working major features - the only "benefit" that would bring is to keep customers away (imagine waiting for gold, buying it, then realizing half of the features still don't work...refund!).
    If it is ongoing project...ok cool, so what, call it beta until all the major features are done (seems to be going just fine for now).

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

lest we not forget the original beta plan was only to be (roughly) 6 months...again proves the point we dont know whats happening at all inside Gjons head with regards to Gold release....major features or no major features ;)

19. racechicken

racechicken Registered

oh my godness. i think there is no race sim board without discussions like this in the www and it makes me sick. really.
    but my two cents.
    - i play rf1 in our league because it works and feels good
    - playing rf2 because it is the completest sim on the marked so far. Tire model, FFB, Weather, good addon tracks. Very intense
    - playing iracing because the tracks. not very well with the gfx but they give good impressions how real tracks are would be fine if rf2 will have a technique like iracing in the future. But i don´t think so.
    - and finally... i look pCars if i need some impressive Screenshot. pCars isn´t finished and not seriously a real sim at this time. There is a lot to do. But it feels sometimes like rf2, it has the same gfx issues like rf2 and i think that sms use a basic rf2 engine. Don´t get me wrong but they have never ever used other engines than ISI stuff. So why switch if it works? ;)
    I´m not a fanboy. If ISI makes nonsense i will say that aswell.

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I agree with u. Why not go gold as long as long as can patch the product. F1 2012 is on patch 10 or something like that. Seems that the main requirement is that product is stable enough for modders to begin development in earnest without having to redo significant work from future patches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.