Simple rF2 Shortcut Pack

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by mantazzo, Dec 27, 2020.

1. mantazzo

mantazzo Registered

Hi everyone,
    Here's a very simple Shortcut pack for the rFactor 2 and some tools. It is all .bat files. This includes:
    • Shortcut for rFConfig utility (with the correct settings).
    • 2 shortcuts for launching Dedicated Server (Normal or Trace Mode).
    • 2 shortcuts for launching the Game normally (Normal or Trace Mode). Do note that Workshop Sync doesn't happen (may be useful?).
    • 2 shortcuts for launching the Game to directly connect to any server (Normal or Trace Mode). IP editing is required (just edit the .bat file, and replace "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyyy" with the actual server IP and port). You can get the IP using my Simple rF2 Server List if you want to, or you can use any other source.

Note that if the server is password-protected, you might need to also add "+password=xxxx" (WITH quotes) argument to the .bat file, just don't forget that you have to change the xxxx with the actual password. (Also I don't even remember if the +password is the actual argument - hopefully someone can correct me here.)
    Usage is simple - just place these shortcuts in the "Bin64" folder of the game, and then launch them directly.

Hopefully this will be useful for some people :) and Merry Christmas!

Attached Files:

svictor, zxd1997, Dave^ and 4 others like this.
  2. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Thank You.