Simple mod packaging?

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Ronaldoz, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Ronaldoz

Ronaldoz Registered

Hello, I tried to setup a new MOD. And it works. But I can't edit it.

I just create a MOD, select cars and tracks (it also shows a list of other components, and I did not edit it).
    After this is, done, I try to open the .mas (mod name) file. But the fields remain blank.

I did research, but the video's did not help or are over complicated.

Just to shorten all this:
    What files do I need to backup into a seperate folder, to be able to edit a created MOD?

(and also be able to re-install it at a later moment, without issues about missing files)

(
    The MOD is a 'Serie / Event', so I don't have to look for cars that I'd like to pack together for endurace for excample)

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

To be able to try to help here, it would be good to know exactly what you are doing or want to do.
    I don't know if it's that, but in the past there was a bug (i don't know if it ever has been fixed), where vmods (race events) could not be edited, because the used rfm file could not be found anymore.

Is that the case for you?
    You can create a vmod and it works properly, but you can not edit and repackage it?
    If yes, you should get an error message.
    Could you tell us, what exactly the error message is?

3. Ronaldoz

Ronaldoz Registered

Thanks for your reply. At the moment I just create a mod package.. select tracks and cars / drivers.. and then use that. It pop-up as a serie in-game. So that works. It can't change the talent files like this, but it is a easy method to category my content. If I'm more demanding, I probably have to go back here asking. For now at least, I don't need to modify / package content.

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Yes, come back later if necessary.
    Happy new year