Simple AI question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BoothJoe, Nov 2, 2015.

1. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Are the AI driver settings you can adjust in Session settings tied to the individual settings you can enter in the Tuning process?

For the sake of explanation, let's say I go into the Turning section after creating a new driver and set aggression, speed, etc. all to 100. If I go into session settings and set the AI to less than 100%, does that reduce the values I put in in Tuning? Or are the Session settings tied to some other defaults?

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Session settings scale the AI talent files (or whatever you've entered when you create your own AI).

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yes and no.
    When you set "speed" setting in talent-file (what you call "Tuning", what is no other than creating a driver with individual settings),
    to a value smaller than 100, the driver will go through periods of "bad driving" within a dynamic range that is between 100 and the value you set for him.
    AILimiter-setting is indeed directly linked to this "speed" (and other)-value. It does nothing else than to vary the dynamic range of your talent settings.

If you set a "speed" value of 100, but an AI-difficulty-level under 100, AI have simply less grip as long as some special values in tracks AIW-file donĀ“t tell them other!

Hope that helps for now.
    Greets
    Pete