SimHQ rF2 Beta Preview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTrFreak, Jan 9, 2012.

1. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

3. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

it is still posted, in "ISI in the News" I believe. Posted by Tim

4. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

I'm sorry.. didn't see it at all.. Sorry

5. Heikki360

Heikki360 Registered

I'm a little concerned about performance:

I have a very powerful PC too (i5 7.6 4GHz; RAM 4GB; GTX580), and i run every single game (Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Arkham City, Crysis 2, even Crysis 1, best graphics ever) on ultra high with no problems, maybe the only problem is the texture filter, i usually set it to x2 or x4. rFactor 2 is sure not better (in terms of graphics) than those games, and yes, i know you can't compare a racing game with an RPG, an FPS, or an action/adventure game, but still. I know this is just the beta, i hope this improves eventually.

6. pamoer

pamoer Registered

Since he doesn't state any actual performance figures, it's really quite impossible to be concerned yet.

7. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

are you concerned?? lol.. I have to be REALLY concerned then :p

8. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

Well even rF1 recomended settings that were lower than my old machine was capable of, and this new PC I just finished building is a little less than what you've got. My guess is that the game is CPU intensive due to the physic calcs, ect.. and that we should be able to experience smooth game play with our rigs is spite of what we see in that pic. One thing worth remembering, todays low settings are a lot like yesterdays Max or Full settings.

9. corsa

corsa Registered

Also, keep in mind that most betas are not performance-optimized yet, so the performance you will see in the beta may a lot worse than the final product.

Not saying that will be the case here (since I obviously don't know that) but it is worth noting.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Those settings are set for every machine at the moment.

11. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

read it in the original thread posted by you a few minutes ago.. I'm not concerned anymore.. lol. thnx Tim

12. luisdeluis

luisdeluis Registered

Decepcionante Dedicated Server.

Espero que finalmente lo cambien. Es IMPERATIVO que ayuden a los administradores a realizar bien su trabajo. Son la base de las competiciones, los que más se mojan y los que menos ISI-HERRAMIENTAS tienen.

El /batch no es suficiente y menos aún cuando el DEDICATED no puede identificarse como administrador de la partida. Con muy pocos retoques, pero QUE MUY POCOS, se podrían automatizar acciones como crear parrillas, banear a indeseables y cosas así. Incluso con un poco de ayuda en los EXAMPLE PLUGIN, pero enfocados a este tema, sería suficiente.

Pero bueno... es un juego gráfico y supongo que toda la fuerza tiene que ir en ello. Esperaremos más versiones futuras.

13. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

yes, hasta la vista indeed

PS: I have no idea what that means, I believe it is spanish, as I believe your post is too :p

14. luisdeluis

luisdeluis Registered

I use google translate, you use google translate... etc. But sorry. Its English forum and I forgot translate.

Dedicated Server disappointing.

I hope that finally changed. It is IMPERATIVE that help administrators do their jobs. They are the basis of competitions, the most wet and least-TOOLS ISI have.

The /batch command is not enough, let alone when you can not identify DEDICATED as administrator of the game. With a few tweaks, but very few, could automate actions such as creating grills, to ban undesirable and so on. Even with a little help in the EXAMPLE plugin, but focused on this issue, would be sufficient.

But anyway ... is a graphic game and I guess all the strength it needs to go. Expect more future releases.

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Aún no hay nadadefinitivo. :)

16. luisdeluis

luisdeluis Registered

Thanks Tim. It is very important for people who are dedicated to this and we have very little time to enjoy driving.

And thanks VERY MUCH for answering although forget translated into English.

17. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

That I have seen all, almost all arranges, except a kind of the menu of game. The proportion 4:3 is compressed on screens 16:9 (a font, line loading, the menu as a whole) me as to the artist it isn't pleasant. It how to look in a curve mirror, you know that actually not so, but it is very ridiculous.

18. naifexx

naifexx Registered

?
    I definitely need a lesson in DimitryRueske :O

No offense m8! ;)

Cheers.

19. Rantam

Rantam Registered

Very interesting read. Well written, Doug, thanks. It has unveiled a lot of things also ;)

Regards

20. furiousgibbon

furiousgibbon Registered

awesome preview, really excited now to try the beta out. Looking at the modding and development section, I almost want to brush up on my 3dsmax skills and get started on a car, but if it's anything like last time I'd fall over once it came to the physics part... hopefully someone releases a basic physics editor or tutorial so I can have another stab, after the weeks I spent modelling my E34 for rfactor I never got to drive it in the game! Would love to have a go at a Focus ST or RS now...

Anyway looking forward to the release, I hope it runs ok in eyefinity on my single 5850, I can't afford a 7970 just yet!