SimHQ feature on the Beta version

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jan 9, 2012.

1. RJC_pt

RJC_pt Registered

Nice article.

I have one question tho, how do you set-up advance weather options in the dedi?

2. Jon Denton

Jon Denton Registered

FYI I installed all to my G: partition with no problems.

3. guod

guod Registered

Good deal! Thanks Jon. It may have been because I was using some early builds (?) ...anyhow, I added an update and link on the article page.

4. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

You're smart to disable the road and environment reflections, but you could easily crank texture filtering up to 8x without impacting performance very much. You should also turn shadows down to medium and put opponent detail up to medium. Apart from that, your settings looks pretty good.

Edit: I'm assuming you're using the settings below...

[​IMG]

5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

No, those are default settings rF 2 applies on every PC, regardless of what you have (Tim or Scott confirmed that recently). There is one more screen there, with his own settings (pretty much, all maxed out).

6. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I would be utterly shocked if he plays rF2 totally maxed out with his hardware and 25 cars on track.

Depending on his AA settings, the average framerate would probably be 20-40 fps.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2012
  7. Ricoo

Ricoo Registered

Hi Guod and thanks for your write-up.

Maybe you could try a new install on D: with the same repertory name as proposed by default with only changing C in D...

Please ISI don't delay the launch of the beta to investigate this problem. :)

8. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

There's the MultiView-tickbox for multiscreen systems, that's something. =)

9. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Currently, road reflections cost almost nothing in terms of FPS. Environment Reflections for real time car reflections, on the other hand, do. That system isn't completely optimized yet. When the beta comes out, if you need a quick burst of FPS, I would start with that...

10. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

it looks like there is still only 1 qualify session..or can you set more that arnt showing in the screenshots?

11. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Are you sure about that? What kind of GPU do you typically use?

12. guod

guod Registered

The top screen on that page is what I run rFactor settings.

The next screen with nearly everything cranked-up is to show how much more is available settings wise as compared to rFactor, and even though I run rFactor with settings Full except for shadows, I have to turn it down some for rFactor 2 Beta.

The bottom screen is what rFactor 2 Beta starts with when first installed.... and evidently not just on my computer. We found out today from Tim that is the "standard" install setting regardless of what your system is. I've updated that line of text in the article.

No, I'm not running a 25 car race with settings fully cranked-up. For my 25 cars / 25 cars viewable setting, I'm not using either of the screens exactly as they appear, but more of a mix between the two. I like the set the four Detail settings to Full. Use 8 or 16 on the Anisotropic Filtering. Special Effects Full. I am still experimenting with the difference between tracks. For example, Portugal and Monaco don't have the same demands. Where you start on the front or back of the field makes a difference.

Just plan to experiment and test many different settings on your computer.

13. FatnSlo

FatnSlo Registered

Yeah, but that's already in rF1 so no improvement yet that can been seen in these screen shots. Unless there is a config file we can modify that we have not seen yet.

14. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Ach, so it seems. It's always been greyed out for me so I haven't noticed it before.

15. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

If you find that performance still isn't to your liking, I'd suggest turning off road and environment reflections.

16. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes the page on the performance it's a bit worry me, but it's a beta and we can use as bench to evaluate what is impacting the performances.

17. guod

guod Registered

Just found it. ;)

1.jpg

2.jpg

18. RJC_pt

RJC_pt Registered

Thanks, nice! :)

Already bought it, i like it, love the feel, just a bit on the heavy side right now.
    Pretty sad about the negativity and with the ease that people jump to insult/be unpolite in some places... internet( and the world for that matter) is decaying...