SimHQ feature on the Beta version

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Nice preview, thanks Doug, Tim :)

2. Kukuxumuxu

Kukuxumuxu Registered

Ok, thanks Tim. Epic tiger! gggggrrrrr

3. Valbuena72

Valbuena72 Registered

nice interface
    impatience:eek:
    I uploaded movie from youtube of SimHQ
    Short movie

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
  4. Giuseppe Marconi

Giuseppe Marconi Registered

I'm wrong or there isn't any option for time scaled race? :confused:

5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Not so in-depth as expected, but thanks anyway! Doug, I have a few questions, if you don't mind :)
    1. What typical fps you had with 24AI race at your prefered gfx settings? Let's say, within few first corners? More than 50?
    2. Did you get any update from ISI about the issue with installing rF 2 on partition other than C?
    3. Is it finally possible to choose vertical FOV lower than 35 in the game menu?
    4. Why no screens in rain conditions, even though it supposed to be already implemented in the beta? :)

Cheers

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yes there is.

7. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Regarding those screens about weather setup. Is it (still) able to have random weather. I believe I saw that as an option about 2 years ago with the interview of Gjon at SRT, but haven't seen it mentioned in doug's review.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

He said quite clearly in the preview he wasn't going to give actual FPS, since it's a beta. Why would that change now?

The very first screenshot in the Weather section (at Mills) shows rain. The track doesn't look wet, either because it hasn't been raining long or the wet track/reflections wasn't active, but it's raining.[/QUOTE]

9. Marek Lesniak

Because a lot of us from this forum are going to use that beta "soon" and are curious about real performance. He didn't say anything about performance in his preview but that doesn't mean he can't tell that here on this forum (where we'll be talking about beta performance and its issues anyway, right?).

OK, fair enough. After closer look, a few raindrops can be visible but still, I would call it more like an overcast weather, rather than typical rainy conditions (and yes, he has reflections set to on, as we can see from his graphical settings).

10. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

On the install "issue". I'm not sure what the problem is nor why Doug had the issue he did. I have a small SSD boot and a large D: drive. I tested the current installer today and was able to install everything into the same folder on my D: drive with no errors, beta ran fine, etc...

If this turns out to be a larger issue we'll look into it for sure...

11. Marek Lesniak

Great! In that case, maybe Doug could include your statement in the installation section of the preview?

12. FatnSlo

FatnSlo Registered

Disappointed to see no improvement in the multiscreen options so my excitement for the beta is a lot less now. Hope it makes it in for gold.

13. Giuseppe Marconi

Giuseppe Marconi Registered

Epic Tiger? i think he is tonight like a little cat in the colosseum forum ;)
    Thanks for the answear....of course all good options in RF1 are in RF2 yet

14. guod

guod Registered

1) Sorry, but we never quote frame rates on a Beta, but we will certainly cover that in the review of the finished version. I did say in the Preview, "I won't talk framerate specifics on a Beta, but I can setup a 25 car race for 1920x1080 resolution, and get framerates anywhere from triple digits down to single digits depending on how the graphics are adjusted." Keep in mind it isn't just the game setting graphics either. How the NVIDIA or AMD/ATI control panel is set can make a huge difference all on its own. Something I didn't get to check was if there is a difference between full screen and windowed.

2) Open question. I'm sure we'll get that answer and other answers once they get time to breathe. ;)

3) Not sure if its global for everyone or system independent, but yes I can on my machine.

4) I had the two screens done already on the weather page. I also did a video that was okay to show, but I pulled it before publishing because it wasn't showing as much variety in the weather as is capable. Rather than take more screenshots, I'm doing a follow-up video.

Nimugp.... Yes, you can have random weather. It is displayed as: ? ? ? ? ? ;) I missed that image in the gif animation. oops

15. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Doug, in the car select screen there are no car stats, weight, horsepower, etc
    I did see the 'showroom' button.
    Are the stats on the showroom page?

I liked the rF1 method with car list and car stats on the one page, for multi car mods especially.

16. guod

guod Registered

Thanks Scott! I will add that.

17. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Interesting read, thanks. I was missing a screenshot for weather options among the other screens about dedicated server settings. Any chance to see one?

18. Marek Lesniak

@guod
    Until you see finished version, we will be already testing beta version so I will already now framerates ;)

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I always picture him saying "dduuuuuurrr" more than "ggggrrrr".

20. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

it looks like he is saying..a little bit to the left...aahhhh