[WIP] Simautosport 2013/2014 BTCC Cars

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by RJames, Feb 26, 2014.

1. RJames

RJames Registered

So I thought it was worth starting a post now as i've been working on a number of projects and starting to get my head around the basics. Please bare in mind that I am learning from scratch 3D Studio Max so this is not a quick overnight build but one that may take a long while however I welcome helpful feedback to aid in progress.

I'm starting with the BMW 1 Series 2013 BTCC car as I think with RWD it will offer a nice alternative to the Civic to start with however the plan is to build all of the cars longer term. I have a couple of friends who are also at early stages with other cars from the series but I have a little bit of a headstart.

The build has already gone through multiple versions where I have built/deleted and built again each time learning something new. Typically as the BTCC cars have no public blueprint's i'm using the stock car blueprints direct from the manufacturer and then making the relevant changes to BTCC spec (e.g. wider arches/different bumpers). I'll attach many screens as and when I think something exciting and new is ready.

These will be released under the name of Simautosport BTCC Expansion Pack, as slowly I'm trying to stir some life into modding within people I know and to hopefully expand on the great content already available. Also hopefully in the future we will look to expand and get more people involved in the modding process from sounds, textures, physics etc but for now let's keep it simple.

So to the screens.

This is my 2nd attempt, following basic tutorials and playing around. The result was a bit basic for my liking so I decided to put that version on hold and start another build as per the second pic.
    [​IMG]

This is where I am at now, taking much more time in the shape which of course has a higher polycount but I am using the Civic as a reference model as to how it was built and trying to follow the same lines.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure exactly how i'm going to progress as of yet as to the next step for example get the bmw in game first or start a second car. It all depends how I get on and how lucky i'm feeling. But one thing is clear, rushing this sort of modeling gets bad results so i'm taking much more time and effort into the model.

We are also working on a couple of tracks for the near future, again all learning so not rapid pace in development but it's slowly coming together nicely. We have a dedicated section on our forum to our mods we will be building and will post as much information and hopefully guides on anything we learn to hopefully make it easier for others to pick up the tools and have a go.

Thanks!

Rob

2. Maug

Maug Registered

Cool project. Good luck with it.

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Is this a payment mod?! however it looks good and if it is a high quality mod, alla URD mode, I wouldn't mind to pay for it!

4. RJames

RJames Registered

It won't be payware as I cannot guarantee the highest level of quality as per URD cars, I'm still very much learning. However once it develops a little further I'll open up donations should anyone wish to, the same will go for all of our mods.

Regards

Rob

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This is a fantastic project mate. Alle the best of luck with it.
    The RWD alternative to the Civics will be more than welcome!
    I hate racing FWD... :)

6. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I wish you the best of luck with this. You can't beat the BTCC. This will be immensely popular if you bring it to fruition.

7. pas74

pas74 Registered

will be a great mod! looks good :cool:

8. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

I'll be keeping an eye on this project, looks cool. Good luck with it.

9. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

I'm ok with that because I don't like,too, the feeling when driving the Civics and, more generally, FWD cars.

10. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Great - I'm really not so hugely into Honda as a brand, and I don't like FWD... this makes a lot of sense!

11. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Great news! Keep it up James ;)

12. jaycer

jaycer Registered

good luck on that

13. Miro

Miro Registered

Nice one Rob! :D

14. Linus27

Linus27 Registered

Excellent project. Thank you and please keep up the amazing work.

15. dano1990

dano1990 Registered

This project might just tempt me to upgrade my pc and fire up rF2 again.

Great looking 1 series so far,

Keep up the good work.

16. RJames

RJames Registered

Well we are progressing slowly, built a few variants of the body to really test out different techniques and to see the outcome. (To note i actually hate looking at those bmw images now as they was my first attempt and it's developed so much better with a rebuilt version).

Another of the team started the Audi A4 BTCC of which has come along great also. I think what we will aim to do first is get the models of the cars done first maybe even the Civic estate and ask if ISI can apply their physics etc to it.

Its been a great experience this far, depending how the process goes of bringing them to game we may extend and ask out for help from the community in order to get that done the best way but we are not quite that far down the road yet :)

I'll try to group up a bunch of images next coming days and show you where we are at.

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Can't wait:cool:

18. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Awesome RJames. Looking forward to it!

19. David Bentt

David Bentt Registered

#1 on my radar, keep it up mate

20. tjc

tjc Registered

I`m with the others... good stuff, looking forward to it too.

Best of luck with it. :)