Sim Racing Australia.

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by FatCity, Oct 8, 2015.

1. FatCity

FatCity Registered

hello

I am a founding member of simracingaustralia.com.
    We have been running since 2006 when Rfactor was first released and have continued on with Rfactor 2, wholly and solely these two sims.
    We have 2 servers running under the simracingaustralia name.

I would like to make it known that we are in no way involved with the Sim Racing Australia named in this article over at VirtualR

http://www.virtualr.net/ozv8-gsc-extreme-project-cancelled.

We have used and still use the SRA logo in our league events.
    but we have nothing to do with OZV8 or anything to do with the mentioned V8 mod.

We were using the www.simracingaustralia.com. website and still own the domain but we had server problems at one stage and now use this site as our main forum/ racing announcement site.

http://simracingaustralia.freeforums.net/

This worked out cheaper for us as we had a drop in membership when RF2 was released due to peoples uncertainty about the sim.

So, I'm just posting here so that anyone who comes here knows we have nothing to do with them and if you want to do some RF2 only friendly racing on a Monday or Wednesday night, come along. Obviously we race in Australian timezones lol.

many thanks,
    FatCity.

2. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Thanks for notifying FatCity.

Who is this other Sim Racing Australia?

3. bwana

bwana Registered

. Well put fats. Had only just seen this post. Was always something dodgey about a group coming along and knowingly use the name of a long established group,trying to obtain domain prominence and then try this unethical approach to mod creation..