CS-closed Sim Formula 2020 qualifying

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Dec 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

What does this mean? Will you apply real weather based on the forecast like in VEC or not? There is no middle option like "will be considered"
    Please be objective with the rule statements and write them up earlier for next competitions. This is a big race series for a big prize. For the same reason why rules are not released 24h before the race in other series, they should not be for this one either.
    If the plan is to not release any information on purpose to keep things equal, then state so in the very beginning. Otherwise it just looks like you dont care what is going on and if the drivers are informed or not.

2. Did you make it to the top 25? if so you have received an email with some more info

3. Club...yes

Luca D'Amelio likes this.
  4. There are not working live weather plugins - we will base it off the weather during the day, i am not gonna update you every second the weather change sorry ;) you need to look for the weather yourself. Use Accuweather, thats what i will base it off.
    What does that mean, that i dont care, you realise i just had weekend right? ;) i´ll answer as soon as i can, but sometimes simracing is not my main priority.

5. But that was not the question ;)
    But if M2 means Silverstone then "International" layout

Hany Alsabti likes this.
  6. Florian Bodin

Florian Bodin Registered

Good morning.
    I've made it into the Top 25, but there is no email. I'm new in rFactor2 and was not sign up here in the Forum, Maybe that is the reason?!
    Hope to see you on track tomorrow , but how ? :D

7. Added some more info to first post
    Event format, points and exact layouts (did this earlier).

Risto Kappet likes this.
  8. There were a message sent to your @web email address that you registered in our competition system.

Florian Bodin likes this.
  9. See first post - a small update was just posted :)

10. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Thanks, seems like everything regarding the racing is covered now.
    How is the race stewarding going to be covered? Besides the typical live stewarding, will there be a window for any post race complaints?
    The race format is super intense and fun, but also can also push drivers taking more risks so a few words on that system would be good.

11. Andy63

Andy63 Registered

Yes, i am invited in the top 25. But there is no info on HOW to join the server. I have talked to several qualified drivers who dont know the password to the server or even wich server it will be on.
    So we would like to get a email about it, resend a mass mail and make sure people get it. We have also checked junkmail etc. there is only 1 email with no info basically. otherwise people will not be able to show up for the race. Cheers//

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Florian Bodin likes this.
  12. Live stewards <-- is that enough info? the winners will be announced as soon after the race as possible, unless there is something we really need to review in depth. Meaning if you want to have someone to be able to protest to, you should bring a team mate. However 9/10 reviews during a race is race incidents, so there is no need to overdo it. You and I both know how feelings during a race usually takes over and exacturate things.

While you state there is no info in the email that is sent out, that is a bit of a stretch. It clearly states:
    So no currently there is no server setup, content is installed and things will be tested out today and then and only then info will be sent out.
    When you say HOW to join the server, do you need a step by step guide?

Lazza and Risto Kappet like this.
  13. Andy63

Andy63 Registered

@Jimmi Allison thanks! I totally missed that text! But yes, i need a step by step. Will the server info be sent by mail? //cheers

14. Yes, finalizing the server now, then email. I´ll add a quick guide to join a server.

Email should be sent out before 13:00 CET, with a bit of a buffer, in case there is things needed to be changed.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  15. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Is the qualifying session going to be private?

16. Andy63

Andy63 Registered

@Jimmi Allison im such a noob. But what do you mean in this sentence?

”One thing that is advisable – is to set your network connection to match you internet” i cant find the server right now.

17. When you follow that guide i sent, before clicking RACE you can click network settings and change it there.

Server was just put online now.

Jeremy Bouteloup likes this.
  18. I have changed the qualifying a bit. From 25 to 20 minutes and made it private, added the 5 mins to warmup.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  19. DAY 1: Top 5
    NAME POINTS
    Risto Kappet 64
    Marc Gassner 60
    Florian Bodin 54
    Luca D'Amelio 54
    Kieran Shanks 50

20. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Wohoo! Thanks for the oppurtunity and see you guys in Maastricht. Enjoyed the racing and the broadcast was great as well, the commentary team worked very well. Good luck for everyone in the remaining crazy races :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.