Silverstone too clean in green state

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bkim, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Bkim

Bkim Registered

Loading Silverstone GP in a green state the track itself is one big gray area without any shadows or marks.
    After x laps there is a driving line build up but in the beginning its like im looking at a flat gray mass. Will this be updated?

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

If I remember correctly, the track surface was resurfaced right before the survey. So it's not too clean, the look is accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Green means Clean, either load a preset Real Road or run the AI for a couple of laps and save your own, after that you need not worry any more.

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Another good thing is to always keep your practice session on (user autosave) and the other sessions to "naturally progressing" this way you can have an evolving circuit of your own. Be aware, "user autosave" is only available once you have run one session.

5. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

I agree with OP. The texture could be a little more, well, textured lol. Right now it looks like they filed it in with the paint bucket in mspaint, solid grey color. No texture at all (unless you look very closely). Even brand new asphalt has some visible "roughness" to it...

6. bwana

bwana Registered

I never see the slight texture at 310kmh? you guys have amazing eyes. I remember when the 1st version came out people bitching about how dirty it was and too many skid marks etc. cant win ISI lol

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I believe it's just the way it is unfortunately. If the track has a very, very clean look then it will naturally look sort of dull and "flat" due to just the way the graphics in RF2 currently look at anything other than sunset/sunrise.

Race the track with a low sun (eg. evening or early morning) and the lighting, objects, shadows, textures, etc. will look nice regardless of how clean or "dirty" the track textures are modelled to look like.

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I believe Silverstone or Portugal, or Atlanta was the last track with the clean look to it when set in green state. ISI has since changed this approach due to the complaints but like you say, they will get complaints no matter which way they choose to do things. The OP will have to wait until Silverstone gets updated again.