Silverstone Historic layout

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Nielsen, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

I have searched for a Silverstone in a more classic layout for rF2.
    But cannot find this version(pic).
    Does it exist for rF2.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2016
  2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

3. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

Thank you very much.
    Even after you supplied the link and name I was unable to find much info about this track version.
    And your dwnl link is the only one I have got :)
    So thank you again.

Loaded the track and although its easy to see its just a converted track its acceptable.
    There is only a lot of (unrealistic??) bumps every 100m and some strange flimmering lines on the upper car surface.
    But again its acceptable and at least for the bumps I will experiment a bit with ride heights.
    Hehe I know silverstone was an old airfield but these large bumps would have destroyed airplanes landing gears if they had tried to use it for landings.:rolleyes:

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I can't remember if this was the version that someone got permission from ISI to convert "Northamptonshire" track from rFactor 1.

5. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

You are probably right. It looks like the guy has got some kind of permission from ISI:)

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Ah ok... I'm sure with a little polish and watching the *cough* Racing Sim Modding Youtube Channel *cough* he will be fine! ;)

7. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

But eventhough the strange bumps has to be way too exaggerated. And I guess its some kind of bug or some kind of anomalies because of the simple rF1 conversion..
    Conserning using historic landing runways I guess airplanes would have some problems landing on Hangar Straight - because of the bridge I mean :p

8. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Straight conversions from rF1 always have massive bumps, which need a lot of work to iron out, because of the low quality mesh. If it's driveable at all it means the converter has already put in a few hours to improve that.

Regarding conversions, the general rule in gaming is that you may convert a current game's predecessor's content to the current game without any issue - i.e. rFactor 1 to rFactor 2 is fine. However, converting from rFactor 1 to Assetto Corsa, for example, is not.

9. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

Then it looks like my own guessing wasnt that far out - eventhough Im a complete ignorant conserning track conversion.:p

10. dylbie

dylbie Registered

We should really change the name of this topic to 'Silverstone Historic layout'. The Silverstone Classic is a historic motorsport festival held every year which uses the current layout except for the final corner - Vale/Club.

We've actually just made the 'Classic' layout which works nicely with all types of historic cars. Link is here: https://mega.nz/#!6ZtzTCgA!KVPa3bs6VlA9pKziujgohNomekRUjNLxlfzSijdJUCk Big thanks to Senormen for making this happen.

I agree with the original post though, it would be nice to have a historic version. The one I really want is the 91-93 version, with the flat-out Abbey, and the 'square' Brooklands-Priory-Luffield. I think someone did make it for rF1 so the possibility is there.

11. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

Ofcourse - if you wish:)

12. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

How about this one?
    I have been using it instead of the bumpy one.
    Its great fun because you can go flat out most of the lap except shortly before the start/finish line
    http://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=3747.0

Silverstone GP (1975) v1.4 by Senormen