Silly question, How do I adjust drivers side mirror?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Paco572, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

How do I adjust drivers side mirror?

PACO

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

@Paulfield originally wrote this on our leagues forum so blame him for inaccuracies. ;)
    Also, not all mods have been made to take advantage of independent mirror control.

The controls are your seat movement plus Ctrl/Alt/Shift; it doesn't matter whether you use the left-Shift or right-Shift, it's just Shift.

Shift + seat forwards/backwards tilts all your mirrors left and right.
    Shift + seat left/right tilts all your mirrors up and down.

Ctrl + seat forwards/backwards tilts your left mirror left and right.
    Ctrl + seat left/right zooms your left mirror in and out.

Alt does the same as above, for the right mirror.

Ctrl+Alt does the same as above, for the centre mirror.

Ctrl+Shift + seat left/right changes 'mirror size' for all mirrors. Looks like an overall zoom of sorts.
    (There is a PLR option "Rearview Independent"; I think if you set this to 1 you can use Ctrl+Shift+seat forward/back to adjust the horizontal FOV of the mirrors independently of the vertical)

Alt+Shift + seat left/right physically moves the centre mirror up and down.
    Alt+Shift + seat forward/back physically moves the centre mirror left and right.

Finally, if your seat position has put the mirrors completely out of whack and you can't get them to adjust enough, try changing the PLR option "Moving Rearview" so your head position no longer affects the position and/or FOV of the mirrors.

Note that the left/right/centre mirror adjustments don't include the virtual mirrors. I guess if you want them all on and useable you would use the global adjustments to get the virtual ones right, then do the specific left/right/centre adjustment to get the cockpit mirrors the way you want them.

Fremen78 and bravotangosix like this.
  3. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Just be aware that for some reason not every vehicles mirror adjustment works. Hopefully a fix is under construction.

4. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

Thank you. :)

PACO :) :)