Silently disconnected from server

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by lemming77, May 20, 2017.

1. lemming77

lemming77 Registered

This happened during today's VLMS finale at SR.C. The server had some technical issues, and after two server crashes they switched to a different server. This problem happened on that 3rd and final server.

I watched the practice, qualifying and warmup sessions cycle through and people rejoin. I watched the admins reassign everyone's grid positions from qualifying. But when in the race session my 'race' button was greyed out. I could not see any cars driving around on the formation lap (which had begun by this point), and I also couldn't find myself in the driver list in 'standings'. Not a driver, nor as a spectator (I assumed I was off screen at first because we had 30+ drivers). I also did not see a 'connection lost' message in the chat, nor did rF2 close automatically like it usually does when a connection is lost. I closed it manually.

I forgot to check whether I could see cars in the garages or not on the swingman/onboard cameras. This happened in the current DX11 public beta [v1108-dx11-open-beta].

My screen when I realized what had happened.

Trace file, various config files and some other information on my setup.

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Spectator mode?

3. lemming77

lemming77 Registered

No, I had spectate mode disabled.