SOLVED Showroom suddenly stopped working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by baristabrian, Feb 11, 2015.

1. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Have been using the same install of rFactor2 for months (currently at build 910) with only the URD mod. Its has been working fine with no issues.

Last Sunday I logged on to the race server for my league race and after typing in the PW I am prompted to select my vehicle as per normal. I hit "tuning" select my car, it shows up in the showroom screen and away I go.

Then about an hour after the race I boot up the game again to do some pract laps for the next race but I notice than no matter which vehicle I choose none ever show up in the showroom screen? You can still select them and the one you select is what you see on track, but they will not display in the showroom.

So, I did a fresh install of Lite build 910, copied over my UserData folder so I wouldn't have to reset my controllers, video settings, ect... Booted up the new install and the showroom is still broken???

The corrupted file/s must reside somewhere in the UserData folder as this is the only thing I copied from my old install into the fresh one. Anyone else have their showroom stop working? Any idea what to look for or how to fix?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
  2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Did you possibly change showrooms in the customize screen?

3. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Nope. But I try all 3 and none of them are working now.

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Are you giving it enough time to load? It can take 30secs sometimes depending on the speed of your machine.

5. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Yep. Before it stopped working my was close to being instantaneous, but Ive waited for long periods of time and its not happening. Its almost like its not even trying as I do not see the pointer flickering or anything.

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Out of curiosity.. Try this. Close the game and launcher. Then rename UserData to UserData.Backup. Then run the launcher and then click the single player icon. It should generate a new UserData folder with a new default player profile. Your video mode will be all messed up so you will have to adjust that too. But if that fixes the showroom then we know it has something to do with your UserData folder. If it doesn't fix the problem then just delete the new one it creates and then rename UserData.Backup back to UserData.

7. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Yep that's what I should have done from the start. When your doing a fresh install because the old one is broken the last thing you should do is port anything over from the old install to the new. But I was being lazy trying to avoid resetting the video, controller, ect... Its even worse when your running triple screens and dual GPU's and have to mess with bezel corrections and all that crap!

8. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Did you check your Installed/Showroom/rF2 Showrooms/1.0f folder?

I had a similar problem time ago and, looking to the above folder, it was empty.

So i reinstalled rF2 over my previous instance and the issue was fixed.

9. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Yep they are there.

10. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

ISSUE RESOLVED!

Finally narrowed it down to the Player.jason. Either it corrupted itself, or sometime when I was making an edit I left an extra space or something of that nature.

I narrowed it down by doing a fresh lite install, one by one adding packages stuff, then piece at a time my UserData content. Each time booting the game and checking showroom function. Sure enough when I copied my previous Player.jason that is when the showroom stopped working. So I deleted it, rebooted, let rFactor2 create a new one then brought up my old one on a different screen and made my edit preferences such as uniqueID, relative fuel, ect.... and now Im set to go.

11. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

I made clean install of latest build and in mod dev i dont get showroom now...nothing what ever i tryed sofar. Anybody with fix for that?

12. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Did you move ANYTHING over from your old install to the new one?

13. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Yes but i have tested the mod dev before that to on completly clean install to and had same issue.

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I just tested the spinner in DevMode 930 and it works fine. I did notice that the showroom named "White" doesn't work. But the other two work fine.

Is it possible that you have bad SearchPaths set in the *_SPINNER.GEN files?