Shiny helmet problem

Discussion in 'Modding' started by RoboCAT10, Jan 11, 2015.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

2. zonder

zonder Registered

Edit Alpha channel of the Helmet texture?

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Welcome back, zonder! The helmet reflections and how milk mirror they are seem to be impacted by the tracks too.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I was told its a mod problem but my experience tells me its tracks as well indeed.
    for example FR3.5 has it on most tracks but not all. and even different HDR profiles bring different effects.
    HDR OFF = problem solved :)

I would try different HDR profiles, of one sticks well enough place it in...erm...Settings I think? to make the profile selectable on all tracks.

5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

using HDR you must have alpha channel for textures and obviously save them DX5. It applies mainly to carbody and helmet.

6. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

cube map intensity also could be the issue , a darker alpha layer on the bump map will tone it down . if there is one? if not darker alpha layer on the main map

different tracks have different reflections, So youd have to make it suit quality tracks like ISI's tracks or symonns/longford , its just at other tracks with less reflections it will look more dull

7. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Its a track issue, im pretty sure its related to specular map, they load his specular map first instead the helmet map because they have the same file name, leave ISI to fix them.