Shifter & Transmission Issue

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Moe Faster, May 21, 2017.

1. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

I am a Clutch & Shift guy to the bone, (but I can't stay out of those damn Corvettes & the Prototypes) anyway my shifter, an old G27, is tired & sloppy & occasionally I may grab a gear & I get a false shift from 3rd to 1st when going to 2nd or 4th. Up-shifts to 3rd from 4th may also indicate a false shift from 4th to 2nd, equally annoying, only half as disastrous.
    I was hoping to find a setting somewhere to ignore instantaneous shifts like this.
    In the car, on track, there is a Neutral indication between 3rd & 2nd as well as between 3rd & 4th. The problem shows an instantaneous indication of a shift between 3rd & 1st, then showing Neutral & then showing a successful shift into 2nd or 4th.
    thanx for all your concern & hard work, any help is appreciated, this is virtually killing me.

2. Emery

Emery Registered

If it's the H-pattern shifter that's misshifting, then it's a physical wear in the shifter. First try recalibrating the shifter. If that doesn't help, then installing a spacer under the shifter detent spring is the only hope:

If it's the paddle shifter causing you trouble, then yes, there's a game setting you can edit. Open your player.JSON file and edit the following to suit:
    "Repeat Shifts":0,
    "Repeat Shifts#":"0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts within 100ms, 2 = 150ms, 3 = 200ms, 4 = 250ms, 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed",

Back when I was using a G25 for driving, I used "Repeat Shifts":2,

3. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

"Repeat Shifts":2 seems to be working.
    Certainly has reduced the number of false shifts.
    Tanx

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

If it still happens, try increasing it to 3 or 4. It is easier to get used to not being able to do very fast shifts. If you are using paddles, fast press and release when shifting.