Shelby Cobra

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Racefreak1976, Jul 15, 2014.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Haha, never knew it was that easy to win an argument.
    "You're wrong because I say so"

Awesome stuf... ;):rolleyes:

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya Domi I like the Mac, actually I like most of the lower grip roadcars. It seems the issues I am speaking of seem to be more prevalent the more grip, and possibly stiffer, the cars get.

For example, the FXX has this inherent ability for the rear to stop it's momentum when swinging wide and just almost snap back in line and automatically snaps back into grip even if you correct the wheel real sloppy, or it can finally go the other way around if you provoke it enough, same with the Zonda R, same with the Fornula Abarth and just about every pure race car. Something is very off on all of them on the behavior of the way the rear slips, slides, and swings about. It's very "digital" and "game-ish. There is no precision needed with steering inputs. When pushing even a grippy F2000, sure it will feel super stable and massively grippy to most people, but when/If you can push that car to within 2 or 3 seconds of it's theoretical laptime then you are basically in a constant small drift from the monent you touch the brakes until the end of the exit phase, and you are almost driving on eggshells with regards to your input precision needed, and it's like that in NK Pro, rF2, GSC, but not AC. In AC there is this inherent "solidness" and overly-stableness and over simplistic nature near the limit that should just not be there.

The roadcars with their natural slip seem to hide the issue, but the real top-end race cars absolutely fall apart.

There are also times when the physics engine seems to almost be waiting for you to save the car and limiting just how much the rear comes around and the speed at which it comes around in order to give you more time to save it properly. I was almost floating in slow motion left and right in the 70s Ferrari F1 as the game didn't seem to care that I was being very slow with my correction inputs and my reactions to save the rear (final corner of Nurburgring) were terribly late. I was literally miles behind the car in correcting it (I was driving with one hand and trying to look at a piece of paper writing down GPU temps and fps) and the car just would't spin or get more sideways, it was almost as if the physics was saying "ok you suck at correcting, your steering-correction inputs are wrong, and your reaction is terrible but I'll still make sure the car gets partially saved". It was floating left and right in order to "wait for you to fully catch the slide" like something out of Project Gotham Racing. It was absolutely laughable for any racing sim.

AC's best attribute is very low speed front end grip. In real life when going real slow you can crank the steering wheel real fast and still grip, or get some slip but still be grippy even though there's a bit of slip if you know what I mean. I feel this is AC's best attribute, even compared to other sims it shines there.

P.S. Things always seem much more harsh in writing. Trust me, I really enjoy AC :) . I'm not saying it's totally dumbed-down, if it was I wouldn't play or enjoy it. It's just a few very little things that probably moat people won't even notice (but stand out quite noticeably for me and some others) that I am bothered with. I'm just picking apart some areas, I'm not saying it's a arcade or unplayable or any silly things like that :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
  3. yusupov

yusupov Registered

no.......its called "options" and "assists", and thats it, really. but believe what you want, if for some reason that helps you sleep at night.

trust me, if rf2 looked like pcars, had the marketing of pcars, & had -everything- else the same (other than ADDED [nothing taken away! see?] gamepad support for those damn casuals) this would the biggest race sim on the planet. but...keeep up with this bizarre delusions the fanboys have. wow.

yeah, theyre a ll as bad as the next. looking forward to the pcars batch in a few months :/

4. yusupov

yusupov Registered

why did you just misquote me??? i never said that, and then you proceed to liken me to hitler?? whats wrong with you?? are u nuts? and why on earth did you mention you like 12 year old boys?

as long as facts dont come into it, i mean...

5. yusupov

yusupov Registered

spinelli, youre the only one who doesnt make my head hurt with stupid but i think its because you speak in technojargon.

i do have a simple question for you though; instead of -assuming- that thsi things are made intentionally easy is whatever cherrpicked scenarios youre talking about, why didnt you post them as issues on the AC official board?? they might not have changed, but you'd at least probably hear a developer response as to why & perhaps educate yourself a bit so you dont look like such a fool as you do now, jumping to conclusions & generally coming off as an ignorant fanboy.

and yeah, shame on (most) of you, really. its not just AC & pcars, there are just too few rf2 fanboys around to notice..(har, har, except its not funny to me because its true. if ISI is getting its feedback from tits like the lot of you, no wonder theyre in this place)

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I didn't quote you mate. Quotes don't look like that on this forum. You need to take another look at the post.

Your behavior is becoming quite frightening. Where is all that anger and resentment coming from, I wonder..?
    People are having a normal discussion here. If you're gonna be that nasty, please go somewhere else, the sooner the better.

Awful attitude from you. Generally pretty insane behavior from you on this thread.

Could someone please show this gentleman the way out..?

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I'm having one of these at the moment...

[​IMG]

...and really enjoying these quotes from Hex. This is epic stuff. :D

8. yusupov

yusupov Registered

that was proving the folly of your own argument using humor but...nvm. neither of you are very smart. its fine.

9. yusupov

yusupov Registered

oh, and as for why im so frustrated, since ive learned i really do have to spell things out for most of you here, its because it is -precisely- this kind of arrogance & complacency that set rf2 up to become the backwater it currently is.

it doesnt deserve that. but this thread is full of a bunch of people who want more of the same, because anything else would be 'selling out'.

eesh. i certainly hope ISI doesnt think remotely like most of you.

edit: -- another bunch of sellouts pandering to the casuals http://www.isrtv.com/assetto-corsa/historx-mod-team-assetto-corsa-test-shots-released/.

10. Robcart944

Robcart944 Registered

This is funny and sad at the same time. This guy needs anger management.

11. yusupov

yusupov Registered

...wow.

hardcore denial is an ugly thing to see.

12. Robcart944

Robcart944 Registered

You should practice what you preach.

13. yusupov

yusupov Registered

yeah...that...who are you talking to/what about?

ill bow out & leave you geniuses at it.

14. Robcart944

Robcart944 Registered

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I do have a serious and specific question about physics. Has anyone been able to achieve lift off oversteer or even four wheel drift in pcars or ac without involving power or tapping brakes? For example, I can four wheel drift a 60s vehicle in rf2 easily just by shifting vehicle weight correctly and without using the brake and with the clutch in and not flicking the vehicle but just shifting the weight. In pcars and ac I simply cannot get the rear if the vehicle to come around. Does that make sense? Seems like perfect demonstration of physics engine limitation yet I haven't seen any videos of this.

16. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Don't worry mate, Domi will be in here to explain. His red phone rings everytime someone doubts Assetto Corsa on the internet and only posts on the rF2 forums to defend Assetto and its honour.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
  17. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Are you saying that Assetto Corsa is a downgrade from netKar Pro in the physics department????? :O

Serious reply: no.

18. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Hi Domi, one question. If AC is so good and the physical engine does not have any problem, because your GP2 MOD it's so bad?

And do not think it's your fault, I think you understand enough about the theme to be able to do a good physical, Eduard is one of the best drivers I have ever seen and it sure is a great tester, the rest of the team do not know. I had high hopes for your MOD and has been a disappointment ....

19. Domi

Domi Registered

Well, not everybody thinks the same :) Anyway if you think it's so bad, I'd suggest you to give some proper feedback in the official mod thread in AC forums, this is not the proper thread to discuss about a mod of another game.

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I don't want more of the same. Who wants more of the same..? Where are you getting this from?

Arrogance... You mean like a guy standing on a soap box, shouting out at the world that his and only his convictions are right, and that everyone else is wrong..?
    Where have I met that guy before, let me think.... Oh, I know! :rolleyes:

This guy just needs to wake up and realize that other people are allowed to express different views than his.
    I don't know how a discussion turns from the Cobra to him taking a swing at the rF2 community, rambling about Hitler and 12 year boys.
    Lil' disturbing.. Just a tad.

Nah man, hypocrisy is one of the seven virtues... Isn't it..? :rolleyes: ;)

Yeah, that might be the best thing for all involved, seeing how little you're able to contribute to the discussion.
    If you want, you can fill out this form on your way out. You probably know it already, considering how personal you take it when people express another view from yours:

http://htmlimg2.scribdassets.com/50gt2s87k05xnf4/images/1-01ece685d9.jpg

When someone on the Internet is wrong, we are all obliged to take some kind of action, for sure.
    Again this has to do with the arrogance we talked about earlier. Sometimes we all just know we are right... Damned be the facts and free speech.
    You never know. Filling out this form might benefit you somewhere down along the line. You just never know.