Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by cookie, May 12, 2016.
New release simucube :https://granitedevices.com/wiki/IONI_firmware_releases
Try this link
hi all, am on OSW small MiGE + IONI Pro HC. in MMos “all effects off” and “overall filter=10”
in-game, there is not much to do, other than changing “car-specific ffb multi=0.30->0.35” and “ffb smoothing=0”
but still don’t feel FFB is good at all, all feels washed out, and FFB feel car to car is so huge, one vehicle you go kerbs or grass and everything rattles like crazy, next car you go kerbs and grass, is as if nothing happened...??? and i always use “car-specific ffb multi” = 0.30-0.35
any ideas what needs to be done?
i will try to help too, this is how i do it.
first of all please try my .json files edited for 30 Nm.
for small mige change this line....
"Steering torque capability":20,
- go to your rFactor2 folder, then userdata/controller and erase all .json files (make a backup first!)
- put SimuCUBE_paletas.json there
- go to userdata/player and put Controller.json there (overwriting your one, please make a backup too!)
- once you have both files installed , start rFactor 2 go to controls and select "SimuCUBE_paletas" , edit your controls using my file as a template. save it , name it as you like.
- lets start editing rF2 profile in Simucube config tool
as you see rF2 uses damper and spring Directinput effects edit them to 45% like your overall stregth.
-start rF2 and choose your control profile ingame
- is VERY IMPORTANT to match the rotation degrees of the car and the simucube config tool.
- pick a car , go to track and comeback to box. inside the controls screen you will see the real steering ratio of the car.
as example the Mclaren 650s by Studio 397 uses 538 degrees, you have to edit your simucube profile accoording to that.
Studio 397 cars need more or less 1.00-1.10 of FFB multiplier , some mods need more
raise it until you feel that you have soft clipping (software clipping).
edit smoothing according to your own taste 0-3 is ok, i use to put it on "1"
check that all driving helps are off , (important steering help)
sometimes i press F1 by mistake when pressing escape and that put steering help on and you will feel crazy FFB.
i hope this helps!!
hi @Gonzas, thanks for your help. will test and try out all tomorrow and let you know.
I am using Gonzas settings and the ,json files feels very good best i have tried been using them for few weeks now mainly in Callaway GT3
@Gonzas worked out very good! my system is a IONI Pro HC, but did as you said, with minor differences:
"Car specific FFB Mult = 0.30-0.35"
"FFB Smoothening = 1"
all feels much better, like FFB, i am sure need to dial in more, but a great place to start and much appreciate your help! really super! Thank you @Gonzas
thank to you guys, is a pleasure!
Separate names with a comma.