Shame Perfomance on DX11

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Suzukinol, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukas Lichten

Lukas Lichten Registered

I think generally dx11 is more CPU intensive then dx9.
    When I made my SimHub HUD, I was till running dx9, but when I tried it out in dx11, the HUD stuttered. Turning on the HTML engine for it fixed the issue, but defently, rf2 suddenly consumed more cpu (and both were done on the same track, same car, no AI single player).
    Also since moving to dx11 I have had the game stutter on certain tracks and with large grid sizes, which I previously had no issues with.
    And the issue is not the frame rate, as that one is around 120, with the stutters being that the game drops for a split second out of real time.

The way I fix it, is to open the task manager, right click on rf2, select switch to details, right click again and then select out of the drop down menu the process priority as high. Now this must be done while in game, and every time you leave the game (returning to the launcher is enough), it will be set back to normal.
    This is only a fix if it is barley noticeable and only occurs under extreme conditions (40 cars on the server).

Now I do not have the greatest CPU, a AMD FX-6300 at stock 3.5Ghz, so in the same ball park as the A6.

But I have not experienced a change in frame rate, maybe because I use slightly different settings now (GPU: GTX960-4GB).

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Btw someone suggested to run more AIs start a server in LAN mode and join it so the AI will run in another core

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Your statements are not consistent with facts. DX9 vs DX11 should affect graphics and not CPU. How the number of AI opponents impact should be the same for both.

I never had problems with 4k textures in dx9 so I don't know what your point is.
    DX11 need to be optimized so that it can work as well or better than DX9.

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

FYI - We are actively investigating performance atm.

5. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Thread closed.
    Please file a bug report if you have something concrete to report, with exact steps to reproduce. These kind of discussions only really end up in fighting, and that's not useful for anyone ;)
    Thanks

jonelsorell, lagg, Ernie and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.