Shadows under car

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by blagger, May 6, 2017.

1. blagger

blagger Registered

This is probably a stupid question.
    Since I am using the Oculus Rift I have to turn down shadows to low in the graphics settings, otherwise the fps are to low.
    With some mods (like the ASR F1 classics or FVR V8Supercars) there are no car shadows at all with shadows on setting "low". With other mods or the ISI-Studio 397 cars there is a shadow under the car and this look better than having no shadow at all.
    My question: Is there an easy way to get this shadow under the car on low shadow settings for these mods mentioned above.

2. stonec

stonec Registered

There isn't a "very easy" way to do it. Thee static undecar shadow you get on "low" is actually a GMT object and part of the mod. So in theory you could copy the shadow GMT from a working car and add it to the mod, providing that the car has a similar shape. This of course requires re-packaging of the mod as well, so you won't be able to join servers unless they are using the same updated version.

blagger likes this.
  3. blagger

blagger Registered

Thanks for your help.
    I tried your suggestion and modified the relevant mas files. But when I replace the old mas files with the modified mas files the car is not in the car list in the game. When I go back to the old mas files the car is back in the list. It seems that the car is not recognised after modifying a mas file. Is this some kind if cheat protection?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This is the 're-packaging of the mod' bit. You need to make a new mod with your modified files. Someone will pop up with a tutorial or advice.

5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Inform the modders about the issue.

Undertray shadows are often forgotten. :(

A car modder should know how to bake a AO map and it's easy to do compared to the rest off the car.
    A converter can use an existing one and adjusted it. It's a bit more time consuming to get it right. But it's doable.