Shadow disapear at distance + no suspension on replay

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by magicfr, Apr 5, 2012.

1. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Hey guys,

Found 2 thing that make the game look uglier than it should

1) Shadow pops out at distance, seems to be a wrong computation on LOD vs Screen Ratio, things are even worst on triple screen ( Screen ration 3 time wider )

2) At distance it seems that suspension is not working, the tire are not moving up/down in the car body. So when the car hit a bum we clearly see the tire sink into the track.

Those 2 thinkgs alone give a very bad feedback, lot of my friends told me, "it's like the car are flying carpet". The same problems are on the network players cars.

Here a video iI made that show that.
    1920x1080 HDR NO FXAA.
    All graphics details to maximum.

2. CalgarySimRacer

CalgarySimRacer Registered

Same thing I'm experiencing too.. Exactly.. I have HDR and FX deployed as well. Full shadows enabled ingame dashboard. Another bug I'm experiencing is when I do an AI race weekend, the AI cars only show up on Qualifying and in the Race. When I go to play the replay, only my car is shown.. Can't figure it out.

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

rF2 has still a lot of shadow related issues but this one is IMO related to shadow render distance and to method how this distance is calculated. Probably lodout distance is too low, and additionally is measured from camera to car with no adjustment for zooming. The same method is used in rF1.

About replays: it's probably about known issue related to 'private tests' setting